Old 02-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Diane Mancino

Default Looking forward to plastic flowers blooming

Being plant people, I bet you feel the same as I do.

I have a retirement home on one of my mail routes. Sweet people, always
happy to see me. I was taken back by what the Retirement Home's management
decided to do this year...Hang artificial flower baskets instead of real
ones. I was ticked. we had such a long winter here that when we finally saw
the spring flowers, It was a good feeling. New blooms always do that for me.
Something to get excited about. Those fake plants have no life- and these
folks still do.

We wouldn't plant flowers if we didn't look forward to tomorrow. No matter
what our age

--
Diane

Old 03-06-2003, 05:32 AM
tbell

Absolutely, Diane. Can you share your opinion with management, and even
offer a few minutes of your time to get them started with something colorful
and relatively foolproof. Unless the residents are all severely disabled,
I'd bet at least one or two would be delighted to participate.
Tom

Old 03-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Susan Erickson

From: "Diane Mancino"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:32:22 GMT
D.............................
We wouldn't plant flowers if we didn't look forward to tomorrow. No matter
what our age
Diane

Diane - You really need to remind management that looking forward
to tomorrow is part of staying alive. Dead flowers do not belong
in such settings and do not help the forward looking attitude.
SuE

SuE
Old 04-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Diane Mancino

You got it guys. this is one of those nice places owned by a corporation. I
gave the manager my opinion, he said the lower boxes were real flowers, but
geeesse, whets a few baskets cost. These seniors are still mobile, and can
still speak their mind. Maybe there are garden plots out back that I don't
see.

My mother in law was here a few weeks ago. She also has her silk garden. I
happened to be planting annuals and herbs and by the end of the week I might
have converted her at least to petunias and basil& she lives in Florida! I'd
be gardening 24/7!

Diane
From: "Diane Mancino"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:32:22 GMT
D.............................

Old 05-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Karen

Diane Mancino wrote:
Being plant people, I bet you feel the same as I do.

I have a retirement home on one of my mail routes. Sweet people, always
happy to see me. I was taken back by what the Retirement Home's management
decided to do this year...Hang artificial flower baskets instead of real
ones. I was ticked. we had such a long winter here that when we finally saw
the spring flowers, It was a good feeling. New blooms always do that for me.
Something to get excited about. Those fake plants have no life- and these
folks still do.

We wouldn't plant flowers if we didn't look forward to tomorrow. No matter
what our age

I work in a nursing home. We plant real flowers!

Old 06-06-2003, 01:20 AM
test

In article ,
Karen wrote:

Diane Mancino wrote:
Being plant people, I bet you feel the same as I do.

I have a retirement home on one of my mail routes. Sweet people, always
happy to see me. I was taken back by what the Retirement Home's management
decided to do this year...Hang artificial flower baskets instead of real
ones. I was ticked. we had such a long winter here that when we finally saw
the spring flowers, It was a good feeling. New blooms always do that for me.
Something to get excited about. Those fake plants have no life- and these
folks still do.

We wouldn't plant flowers if we didn't look forward to tomorrow. No matter
what our age

I work in a nursing home. We plant real flowers!

and you know, i bet the local boy/girl scouts would love to take on the
local nursing home as a project--planting flowers and keeping hanging
baskets trimmed (or helping karen's folks with their beds) wouldn't take
all that long anyway..... know any teenagers who need community service
hours? ;-)

--j_a