Old 10-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Elpaninaro

Default Paphs for sale- 1 time deal, some urgency :)

Good evening all,

My apologies for not posting too much of late. The sanderianum project has
become overwhelming. This is part of the reason for my current post. I know we
are not big on commercial posts here, so rest assured this is a one time post
from a private grower.

The sanderianum project (update coming later this week) has been great. 4
months out of flask and already many plants have 6"+ leaf spans. Very soon
compots will need to be split and in the process many plants will go to single
pots.

This is much sooner than expected- ie a YEAR since I thought these would be
slow growers.

Therefore, a lot of larger plants I have been saving, plus a few seedlings I
have been growing from compot to keep/sell have to go ASAP to make room since I
grow indoors under lights.

Rather than post a list here, following is a link to my AOL page with a listing
and a few photos. All the details you need are there. Whatever is not gone by
next Friday heads to eBay

http://hometown.aol.com/elpaninaro/m...age/index.html

Thanks for reading! Sanderianum Chronicles Part IV coming soon.

Take care,

Tom.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Hi Tom,

Could you briefly describe the growing conditions your sanderianums are in?
Mine aren't doing as well as I expect...

Thanks!
Jerry

Old 10-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Elpaninaro

Hi Tom,

Could you briefly describe the growing conditions your sanderianums are in?
Mine aren't doing as well as I expect...

Thanks!
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Look for the coming update for more complete info, but here is a brief take on
current conditions,

Due to ongoing AC problems, it was 75-78 in here day and night for about 2
months which certainly would be good for the plants. Now we are back down to 70
or so, but it does not seem to be having a negative impact. The heat from the
lights keeps the plants pretty warm.

Light has been fairly high- light levels that have some of my Susan Booth
hybrids turning very pale in color.

My being busy, a lot more drainage from the pots than expected and a desire to
promote root growth has kept these a tad on the dry side. Watered every 1-2
days, but they dry out in between. I think a fan directly over the plants has
impacted that as well.

New root growth has been very slow, but top growth is good. The very tiny
sanderianums are dead- 3 or 4 of them, but were not expected to last anyway.
The others have all put out new leaves. The largest plants have doubled in
size- most have grown 25-50%.

It is the PEOY that are really taking off. Those are growing like weeds and
that is where the compot thinning will be most needed.

And in the past month the roths are also starting to grow very quickly.

Tap water and I have yet to fertilize anything (and no plans to frankly.)

Hope this helps!

Take care,

Tom.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Jerry Hoffmeister

interesting... my indoor growing area gets down to 70 give or take 2-3 deg
at night and gets up to around 90 during the day due to the lights. The
humidity ranges from 75 to 95+ (lower during the day, higher at night). I
water 2x per week w/ tap water w/ fert added to bring the TDS PPM to around
200 (the tap water starts out at around 35). I repotted my sanders recently
and ascertained that they were likely staying a bit too wet and the root
growth was little to none They're making decent top growth although not
as much as yours. I'm wondering if it's a bit too hot?