Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2003, 09:12 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Laelia lobata alba

I recently got my hands on this seedling. It has 5 growths with either one
or two leaves. And at the present time, two of the growths are yellowing.
It's in a two and half inch pot and is in bark media. As I understand this
particular species does well in baskets, and does not like root disturbance.
The only information that I was able to dig up on this orchid is that it's
from Brazil and produces two to five flowers from March to July. Currently
it is about 5" in height.
I would like to move it into a wooden basket but I'm not sure what to use as
potting media. Can I get some information on how to handle this situation,
and how to pot this orchid into a basket. I have several size baskets, all
wooden, some square some round, some shallow others are deep.
Information greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance,

Mariana
In a very steamy NYC

Laelia anceps var alba nana John Varigos Orchid Photos 0 04-01-2007 08:59 AM
Laelia pumila 'Luscious' - semi-alba with stunning coloration on lip Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 1 16-11-2006 05:52 AM
Mina Lobata marcfrom United Kingdom 1 01-03-2006 05:57 PM
[IBC] Quercus Lobata ian Bonsai 2 02-04-2004 08:17 AM
Echinocystis lobata Kenneth Moore Plant Science 4 07-11-2003 05:32 PM