Old 27-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Wendy

Default Algae on greenhouse walls Oops!

Make that 1 HALF cup of bleach.
"Wendy" wrote in message
news:N923b.69391$kP.24441@fed1read03...
Yes Ray, I'm with you here & remember Wilford's discussions on this

before.
He uses 1% bleach, so I figured this out to:-
1 cup bleach to 3 gals water? Does this sound right?
I am going to allocate a day in the month to do this. I have just been
washing the floors with bleach in the past.
Cheers Wendy

"Ray" wrote in message
Unfortunately, algae is a good attractant for snails, slugs, and all

sorts
of bugs - nothing like a nice fresh salad!

If one thinks that that's good, as it will deflect the advances toward

your
plants, forget it - it brings them right into the vicinity.

And as Wendy said, if it's on the GH covering, it will be elsewhere
eventually. I emptied my greenhouse this summer in order to power-wash

the
thing - covering, inside and out, structure, benches, RO unit, water

tank -
you name it. What a LOT of work! You can betchurass I'll do a better

job
with the preventive sprayings from now on!

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Bolero" wrote in message
u...
I don't bother. I like the extra stuff on the glass even if it is

unsightly
as it cuts down on light getting in.

Adds to the effect the shade cloth has.

"Gideon Singer" wrote in message
news I have a "small" 8ft square polycarb panel greenhouse that every

year
needs to be cleaned of algae. I was wondering, as I get ready for
another round of scrubbing and rinsing, what other people do to keep
their greenhouse walls clean and free of algae?

oops.. Sheila United Kingdom 5 30-03-2009 10:25 AM
Algae on greenhouse walls Gideon Singer Orchids 28 29-08-2003 10:32 PM
Algae Algae Algae -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 16 23-08-2003 09:32 AM
Pelargonium potting questions - Oops! Victoria Clare United Kingdom 0 19-06-2003 10:44 AM
cloudy water, brown algae on walls Sushil Prasad Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:21 AM