Old 09-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Wendy

Default Slightly OT...Tillandsias Question-NO copper wire

Shell, I read that copper wire is instant death to Tillys!!!!! I haven't
used it so
not sure? I would imagine if it is plastic coated it would be okay.
Cheers Wendy
"Shell91" wrote in message
. ..
I've been looking on the net and I will probably fix it on a piece of wood
using a bit of wire. I've got some nice copper wire that ought to work
well.

Shell

"Ray" wrote in message
Tillandsias make marvelous companion plants for orchids. Just be aware

that
they are much slower to put out roots and grab the mount than are

orchids,
so you will have to apply the mechanical support.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Shell91" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone have Tillandsias? I am wondering how well one will do

with
an
orchid which is planted in a similar manner (mounted on a piece of

bark,
etc.) I have just gotten a Tillandsia capitata Hondurensis and I

think
it
would look really nice in a grouping with an orchid, most likely a

cattleya.
I plan to get a full spectrum light for the Tillandsia as well, will

this
be
good for the orchid too?

Shell

Old 10-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Shell91

Wooo I'm glad you posted this, I don't think I will chance it, I'll get some
fishing line.

Shell

"Wendy" wrote in message
Shell, I read that copper wire is instant death to Tillys!!!!! I haven't
used it so
not sure? I would imagine if it is plastic coated it would be okay.
Cheers Wendy
. ..

"Ray" wrote in message
Tillandsias make marvelous companion plants for orchids. Just be

aware
that
they are much slower to put out roots and grab the mount than are

orchids,
so you will have to apply the mechanical support.

. . . . . . . . . . .
. ..

Old 12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Mattias Baecklund

copper is TOXIC, it is used to kill big trees. You just drive a copper nail
or too in to the tree and wait. IT WILL DIE.

Mattias Baecklund
"Wendy" skrev i meddelandet
Shell, I read that copper wire is instant death to Tillys!!!!! I haven't
used it so
not sure? I would imagine if it is plastic coated it would be okay.
Cheers Wendy
. ..

"Ray" wrote in message
Tillandsias make marvelous companion plants for orchids. Just be

aware
that
they are much slower to put out roots and grab the mount than are

orchids,
so you will have to apply the mechanical support.

. ..