Old 28-09-2003, 12:43 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Odtna. Susan Bogdanow 'Jennifer'

I was bumping the seedling from it's 1 1/4" plastic pot into a 2" pot which
it out grew and was way overdue for repotting. I carefully tapped it out of
it's pot and it fell down onto the counter top in one piece. I began
loosening up the roots when the entire thing fell apart! no struggle, no
untangling, just bam, and I wound up with 6 little pseudobulbs! What should
I do? I hope that each p/b has enough strenght to pull it out if I pot them
up. They all have a good root system, no rotting at all.

Assistance greatly appreciated,
Mariana

Old 28-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Ray

As they are no longer connected to each other, they will not be sharing
resources, so I suppose individual pots may be in order.

However, some plants seem to do better if the have "company," so maybe
that's a better idea. Be aware, however, that if you have intentions of
showing the plant, the judges frown upon multi-plant pots.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
et...

Old 28-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Wendy

Mariana, it sounds like you had a Compot!
If they were mine, I would
pot three of them together & the other three in tiny pots.
Try to use the same kind of potting media.
Cheers Wendy

Old 29-09-2003, 12:22 AM
GrlIntrpted

Thank you kindly Ray. I have then nothing to worry about, I don't show my
plants .

Mariana

"Ray" wrote in message
As they are no longer connected to each other, they will not be sharing
resources, so I suppose individual pots may be in order.

However, some plants seem to do better if the have "company," so maybe
that's a better idea. Be aware, however, that if you have intentions of
showing the plant, the judges frown upon multi-plant pots.

Old 29-09-2003, 12:22 AM
GrlIntrpted

Girl! you and I think alike! I did just that. No sign of yellowing or
wilting (yet, crossing my fingers) and I hope that they pull it through!

Thanks again,
Mariana