Old 11-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Kye

Default Paph. emersonii

Hiya peeps,

I have todo an article on Paph emersonii and I was hopingto get an idea
of how everybody grows theres... So PLEASE reply and letme know how you grow
yours.

thanks
Kye.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Jonathan Phua

I grow it in the smallest pot it can fit into. And then mix charcaol, lotsa
perlite, peat based potting mix with other additives and fine bark.

Jon

Old 11-10-2003, 07:02 AM
tennis maynard

Kye wrote:

Hiya peeps,

I have todo an article on Paph emersonii and I was hopingto get an idea
of how everybody grows theres... So PLEASE reply and letme know how you grow
yours.

thanks
Kye.

Perhaps I'll tell you instead how a friend of mine grows his. His bloom
and mine haven't yet. He grows in a basement - old type, dirt floor,
stone walls, with fluorescents. It's never really hot in there even in
the summer, and is quite cool in the winter, with lots of fresh air.
Keeps'em wet, too.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Jonathan Phua

I don't know but mine doesn't like to be wet. It prefers slightly moist to
dry conditions. It hasn't bloomed yet, but is begining to establish itself,
got it in an extremely bad state, no roots, rot etc.

jon

Old 11-10-2003, 02:02 PM
AusDigi

"Kye" wrote in message
I have todo an article on Paph emersonii and I was hopingto get an

idea
of how everybody grows theres... So PLEASE reply and letme know how you

grow
yours.

"have to" eh? That's what you get for volunteering to be an editor.

Old 12-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Jonathan Phua

I've got a hangianum in chc, perlite, vermiculite, diatomite and fine
charcoal. It was in pretty bad shape when I got it, it rooted in a week in
that mix, if hangianum likes it, I guess emersonii also likes it. Since both
have abt the same cultural requirements.

Jon

"Kye" wrote in message
Well I volunteered to do the article too... so now its sort of expected

:-)

Kye.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

I don't have one my self but looked at my books and found this.

" Endemic to china, this is an unusual springflowering species with broad
white petals. The creamy yellow pouch of paphiopedilum emersonii is dotted
on the inside with purple spots that show through to the outside - unlike
any other species in the genus. The proportionately large flowers are
produced in the spring above unmarked leaves."
(The illustrated encyclopedia of orchids)
Sorry but that is all I could find in my books.
Cheers
Peter

"Kye" schreef in bericht
Hiya peeps,

I have todo an article on Paph emersonii and I was hopingto get an

idea
of how everybody grows theres... So PLEASE reply and letme know how you

grow
yours.

thanks
Kye.

Paph. Psyche x Paph Macabre Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchid Photos 2 20-05-2008 09:27 PM
Paph Margaret Crandall(Paph Vanguard 'Knob Creek' X moquetteanum) v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 23-04-2008 11:32 PM
Paph kolopakingii x Paph praestans Gene Schurg Orchids 4 12-05-2005 02:24 PM
Paph. Bellatulum molli Orchids 2 07-02-2003 02:25 AM
Paph problems Jbkkhawk Orchids 28 30-01-2003 11:49 PM