Old 20-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Peter Ashby

Default 3 flower spikes, good?

My Cambria has developed 3 flower spikes, two strong ones from the side
of one pseudobulb and a weaker one from the side which I originally
thought was a root. My question is, is this a good thing? would I get
better blooms over all by cutting at least the weaker one or should I
simply be grateful?

The plant is looking very healthy, plump pseudobulbs and two strongly
growing backbulbs.

Any advice appreciated.

Peter
Old 20-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 06:06:58 -0400, Peter Ashby wrote:

My Cambria has developed 3 flower spikes, two strong ones from the side
of one pseudobulb and a weaker one from the side which I originally
thought was a root. My question is, is this a good thing? would I get
better blooms over all by cutting at least the weaker one or should I
simply be grateful?

I say be grateful! I doubt cutting the weaker one will help the others
at this point. Let it be, it's doing great it seems.

The plant is looking very healthy, plump pseudobulbs and two strongly
growing backbulbs.

You're doing great, let it grow!
Old 20-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Peter Ashby

William Hill wrote:

Hi, Peter: Leave them alone & enjoy the flowers. With a stong healthy
plant the flowers should all be fine. I am envious as Vuyl. Cambria
doesn't do well in So. Florida--I try but they all Give up the ghost.
Let it get root-bound and don't let it dry out. Bill

thanks Bill and Tom. Mine sits just inside the door side panel facing
east. Its only single glazed and there is a slight draft so on winter
nights here in Dundee, Scotland they get a little chilly. But they seem
to thrive on it. My phal gave me three spikes last time it flowered too.
I guess there must be some disadvantages to all that warm Florida
weather ;-)

Peter
Old 21-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:58:19 -0400, Peter Ashby wrote:

William Hill wrote:

Hi, Peter: Leave them alone & enjoy the flowers. With a stong healthy
plant the flowers should all be fine. I am envious as Vuyl. Cambria
doesn't do well in So. Florida--I try but they all Give up the ghost.
Let it get root-bound and don't let it dry out. Bill

thanks Bill and Tom. Mine sits just inside the door side panel facing
east. Its only single glazed and there is a slight draft so on winter
nights here in Dundee, Scotland they get a little chilly. But they seem
to thrive on it. My phal gave me three spikes last time it flowered too.
I guess there must be some disadvantages to all that warm Florida weather
;-)

Peter

I feel so bad for you....