Old 21-10-2003, 10:02 PM
keith

Default Nobody know phal reichenbachiana then!!!!!!!!!

any comments on this orchid appreciated!

Old 22-10-2003, 12:02 AM
claude

Hello!

I just did a search with google and I got 20 Hits!

Lots of pictures, some site are in chinese or asian !

Bye

Claude

Old 22-10-2003, 06:22 PM
keith

I have searched with google too but can really only find pictures not
literature,I now know it is quite a rare phal,but was hoping someone on the
newsgroup maybe had first hand experience with one.I haven't had no response
so that probably tells me that they haven't & don't know much about it.
thanks keith
. ..

Old 22-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Try writing to akerne. That's were the plant came from and they know how to
grow it.
Cheers
Peter
go to google write "akerne orchids" and you'll find their site.

"keith" schreef in bericht
I have searched with google too but can really only find pictures not
literature,I now know it is quite a rare phal,but was hoping someone on

the
newsgroup maybe had first hand experience with one.I haven't had no

response
so that probably tells me that they haven't & don't know much about it.
thanks keith
. ..

Old 22-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Bob Walsh

Keith,

There is a small paragraph in "Orchid Speices Culture" by Margaret and
Charles Baker.

They state that P. kimballianna is a synonym, but that the International
Orchid Commission uses the name P. luddemannianna for hybrid registration
purposes.

It is reported to originate in Mindanao, Phillippines, apparently growing in
light shade. No elevation or additional details were recorded. Habitat
information is insufficient for the selection of climatic data.

The Bakers listed three references which they used for the information.

Hope this is of help.

Bob

"keith" wrote in message
I have searched with google too but can really only find pictures not
literature,I now know it is quite a rare phal,but was hoping someone on

the
newsgroup maybe had first hand experience with one.I haven't had no

response
so that probably tells me that they haven't & don't know much about it.
thanks keith
. ..

Old 26-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Reka

Olaf Gruss/Manfred Wolff in Phalaenopsis (Ulmer, 1995):

Sweet claims it is synonymous with Phal. kimballiana. Also says it could be
a natural hybrid between fasciata and pallens.

Wallbrunn says it could be a type or subspecies of lueddemanniana.

It is from the Philippines and Mindanao, and belongs in the Zebrinae group,
Lueddemannianae subgroup, along with fasciata, fimbriata, hieroglyphica,
lueddemanniana, pulchra and violacea. This group has the same culture as
most Phals, but the spikes should not be cut, as they rebloom.

Interesting note about lueddemanniana; Gruss/Wolff says the keiki formation
on lueddes comes from too many hours a day of light.

Hope this helps! Sounds pretty vague, in any case.
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"keith" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
any comments on this orchid appreciated!

---