Old 26-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Peter Ashby

Default Phal repotting experiment

Well after failing to source a suitable 'airy' pot for my phal which
needs regular repotting as the plastic pot it's in causes the lower
roots and the stem to rot. So took a suitably flexible plastic pot of
the right dimensions and with an 8mm lip and spur wood drill drilled a
lot of holes in sides and bottom.

So the phal is now potted up in the new pot and fingers crossed.

Peter
Old 26-10-2003, 04:12 PM
danny

Drills with wood bits work for plastic pots, so do soldering irons. With a
tile bit you can put holes in clay pots.

-danny

k...

Old 27-10-2003, 03:22 AM
Sheepkeeper

And a masonry blade in a radial arm saw puts marvelous slots in the side of
tall terracotta pots. I suppose a plywood blade would do the same for
plastic.

"danny" wrote in message
.. .
Drills with wood bits work for plastic pots, so do soldering irons. With

tile bit you can put holes in clay pots.

-danny

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
k...
Well after failing to source a suitable 'airy' pot for my phal which
needs regular repotting as the plastic pot it's in causes the lower
roots and the stem to rot. So took a suitably flexible plastic pot of
the right dimensions and with an 8mm lip and spur wood drill drilled a
lot of holes in sides and bottom.

So the phal is now potted up in the new pot and fingers crossed.

Peter

repotting a blooming phal? Maggie's Mom Orchid Photos 5 05-05-2008 05:28 PM
repotting Phal styxx374 Orchids 3 15-06-2004 12:04 AM
spring experiment ...and our experiments Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 3 08-02-2003 11:25 PM
spring experiment ...and ur experiments Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 1 04-02-2003 08:49 PM
spring experiment John Rutz Ponds 0 03-02-2003 03:36 PM