Old 20-11-2003, 05:07 PM
K Barrett

Default Greenhouse ideas?

And remember to keep all the brochures for the various items in a folder.
Things fail, wear out, rust out and break. Trying to remember 5 years later
whether the thermostat you bought from Grainger's was an 'open on rise' or
'close on rise' is a real pain. Directions for reprogramming timers, a
seemingly easy task, can be maddening if you forget just one *little* step.
Manufacturer's phone numbers or addresses are also at hand should you want
to buy more of their product (like twinwall for an addition)

Sure this advice isn't as sexy as trying to decide whether to berm the
greenhouse or not, but in the long run it'll save whatever hair you have
left.

K Barrett
Rule #1 There's always room for one more folder...

Old 20-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Ray

Check out this covering:

http://www.cibasc.com/VIEW.ASP?ID=4275

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 20-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Rob Halgren

Ray wrote:

Check out this covering:

http://www.cibasc.com/VIEW.ASP?ID=4275

Looks expensive... What will they think of next? Probably cheaper to
just put up a bunch of red christmas tree lights *grin*

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Old 21-11-2003, 02:02 AM
K Barrett

Hell, i'd buy aluminet before I'd buy that.

"Ray" wrote in message
Check out this covering:

http://www.cibasc.com/VIEW.ASP?ID=4275

. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 21-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Ray

Why is that?

The idea is not new, just a new application. Any of you that use detergents
are already using brighteners to make your clothes brighter and "whiter than
white" as they trap UV and re-emit in the blue-white wavelengths.

Seems to me that any helpful technology is worth pursuing. Yeah, it's
probably expensive now, but just wait...

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 21-11-2003, 02:12 PM
dusty

Rob Halgren wrote in
:

I'll be building a greenhouse this spring. Michelle said no new
tractor, so I'm getting a greenhouse instead. I'll build it from
scratch, just because I'm an ornery cuss and cheap to boot. Soliciting
all (most) information about suppliers of good greenhouse building
materials. Or if anybody knows of a few good websites or newsgroups,
that would help too. I'll spend all winter drawing pictures.

Rob (Finally has his homework done. I is a semi-official probationary
orchid judge - assuming they approve me at the next trustees meeting).

Some of these may be suggested already but here's my list anyway.

http://www.gothicarchgreenhouses.com/

http://www.envirocept.com/

http://www.sundancesupply.com./

take it from me build something much bigger than 8X10 as it's way to tiny.
Use stainless screws because everything else rusts or creeps loose.

Later
Dusty