Old 28-12-2003, 02:34 AM

Default Orchid origin

Remember the post where someone found the sick orchid (it was too dry)
at his friends house and he 'orchid napped' it, saved it, and now still
has it? Well once my brother left an office building and found a plant
that got thrown away and he had it for awhile too. I was just wondering
if anybody else had an interesting orchid tale to tell.......Burr

Old 28-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Tom Randy

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:42:05 -0500, gany-mede wrote:

Remember the post where someone found the sick orchid (it was too dry)
at his friends house and he 'orchid napped' it, saved it, and now still
has it? Well once my brother left an office building and found a plant
that got thrown away and he had it for awhile too. I was just wondering
if anybody else had an interesting orchid tale to tell.......Burr

Well it wasn't an orchid but once someone was going to throw away a 5 foot
tall poinsettia tree and I rescued it.
Old 28-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Diana Kulaga

A little Brassavola that I rescued from a painful death in a dirt filled pot
is blooming. In fact, I need to get a picture onto abpo to see what
everyone thinks about an ID.

Diana

Old 29-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Claude

Hello gany-mede!

That was me who `orchid napped` a dying Phal from my friend.
It still growing pretty fine and I am waiting for a spike...

Claude

link.net...

Old 29-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Claude

Another true and sad story!

I`m a nurse and I had that lady as a patient who was diagnosed with a
unoperable lung cancer. I spent many nights with her, trying to comfort her,
to be there with her.
One day, I noticed she had received a big Phal as a gift. She told me that
another nurse from my unit told her I was growing them and she ask her
husband to buy one for me.
When she gave it to me, she ask : Please Claude, I want it to survive... Can
you name it Stella because her name was Stella `

I was in tears..... And I`m still in tears just thinking of her...

I know now she passed away a few weeks later..

I still have the Phal Stella, and I take good care of it.

Claude

"Claude" wrote in message
| Hello gany-mede!
|
| That was me who `orchid napped` a dying Phal from my friend.
| It still growing pretty fine and I am waiting for a spike...
|
| Claude
|
| "Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
| link.net...
| | A little Brassavola that I rescued from a painful death in a dirt filled
| pot
| | is blooming. In fact, I need to get a picture onto abpo to see what
| | everyone thinks about an ID.
| |
| | Diana
| |
| |

Old 29-12-2003, 01:05 AM

Thank you all for rescueing the plants. I always tell people if
they kill plants I'm going to turn them in to the NAACP (National
Association against the Cruelty to Plants) I enjoy reading the stories
- keep em coming. What's this abpo? Burr

Old 29-12-2003, 01:05 AM
Kenni Judd

Well, I'm not the rescuer in this story, but perhaps it fits ... My mom came
to visit one day while I was repotting a Den. Uniwai Prince, and saw a
little scrap of it that I deemed too small to bother with hit the trash can.
She couldn't stand that, so she fished it out, potted it up and took it
home. About seven years later, she had to bring it back -- her little SH is
only 8' x 8', the plant was taking up way too much of it and threatening not
to fit thru the door if it grew any bigger. [In the plant's defense, this
was largely Mom's fault; she didn't stake the new growths and let them grow
out sideways. Otherwise, it would've been only about 14" in diameter.] It's
been happily hanging here for about the last three years, and stays in bloom
about eleven months out of twelve.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Old 29-12-2003, 03:30 AM
J Fortuna

Burr,

abpo stands for alt.binaries.pictures.orchids and it is the other orchid
newsgroup out there. The difference between abpo and rgo (this group) is
that abpo allows posting of photos while rgo does not. However, not everyone
can get onto abpo, for example if you are using groups.google.com you won't
be able to read abpo messages. Many people read and post to both groups.
It's definitely worth it!

Joanna

wrote in message
What's this abpo? Burr

Old 29-12-2003, 03:43 AM
J Fortuna

Burr,

abpo stands for alt.binaries.pictures.orchids and it is the other orchid
newsgroup out there. The difference between abpo and rgo (this group) is
that abpo allows posting of photos while rgo does not. However, not everyone
can get onto abpo, for example if you are using groups.google.com you won't
be able to read abpo messages. Many people read and post to both groups.
It's definitely worth it!

Joanna

wrote in message
What's this abpo? Burr

Old 29-12-2003, 03:43 AM
J Fortuna

Burr,

abpo stands for alt.binaries.pictures.orchids and it is the other orchid
newsgroup out there. The difference between abpo and rgo (this group) is
that abpo allows posting of photos while rgo does not. However, not everyone
can get onto abpo, for example if you are using groups.google.com you won't
be able to read abpo messages. Many people read and post to both groups.
It's definitely worth it!

Joanna

wrote in message
What's this abpo? Burr

Old 29-12-2003, 03:43 AM
J Fortuna

Burr,

abpo stands for alt.binaries.pictures.orchids and it is the other orchid
newsgroup out there. The difference between abpo and rgo (this group) is
that abpo allows posting of photos while rgo does not. However, not everyone
can get onto abpo, for example if you are using groups.google.com you won't
be able to read abpo messages. Many people read and post to both groups.
It's definitely worth it!

Joanna

wrote in message
What's this abpo? Burr