Old 16-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Wendy

Default Orchids Mag - or Orchid Digest

Which mag is better if you could choose only one? Orchids or Orchid Digest
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Bob Walsh" wrote in message
Just in case some of you are wondering where your January issue of Orchids
is, they were all mailed on the 9th of Jan. Yours should arrive soon, mine
too I hope.

Bob

Old 16-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Gideon Singer

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:31:26 -0800, "Wendy"
wrote:

Which mag is better if you could choose only one? Orchids or Orchid Digest
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

I have had the Orchid Digest for years and I find it better for the
advanced hobbist than Orchids. Having said that I have just rejoined
the AOS and am getting Orchids as well. It has improved a great deal
from years ago. OD has longer articles and goes into greater depth
than Orchids, but only comes out quarterly vs monthly. I think they
both have a place in the library, but if you can have only one then I
would go for the OD. See if you can find some copies of both and look
at them then decide based on your preference.
Please reply to replace orchids with shaw
Old 16-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Eric Hunt

Wendy,

OrchidDigest - definitely.

Orchids magazine is best for new orchid growers, but after you've mastered
the basics after about 3-5 years, I think the more serious articles that
will slate your thirst for knowledge are too few and far between.

OrchidDigest only comes out quarterly, but every single page is required
reading for anyone serious about orchids, either species or hybrids. The
photography is stunning as well.

Someone else on here stated if you can get your hands on a fairly complete
collection of AOS Bulletin/Orchids back issues, read them, as they are very
useful as a set. But getting a new subscription now is questionable.

-Eric in SF

"Wendy" wrote in message
Which mag is better if you could choose only one? Orchids or Orchid

Digest

Orchid Digest Question francis marion Orchids 2 05-12-2004 06:16 PM
Orchid Digest question francis marion Orchids 8 13-11-2004 06:13 PM
Orchid Digest question francis marion Orchids 0 12-11-2004 06:21 PM
Orchids Mag Bob Walsh Orchids 32 17-01-2004 07:34 PM
WANTED: back issues of the American Orchid Society Bulletin & The Orchid Digest. Kenneth Bruyninckx Orchids 0 02-09-2003 08:02 PM