Old 26-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Dicky

Default About planting paphs. together

Dear everyone,
I have two Paph.hangianum(s). They are two young plants. I want to put them
into a pot. What should i concern about? And if there are any problems in
putting them together?...........

Thanks!!! ^.^

--
---

Visit this website to get more information about gardening and buy flowers
securely!
http://www.dickyhorticulture.freehomepage.com

Old 26-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Ray

If you have any intentions of ever showing them, don't do it.

If you're thinking in terms of a mini-compot until they get larger, just be
aware that the roots will get tangled, making it harder to separate them at
a later date.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 26-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Rob Halgren

Ray wrote:

If you have any intentions of ever showing them, don't do it.

If you're thinking in terms of a mini-compot until they get larger, just be
aware that the roots will get tangled, making it harder to separate them at
a later date.

Although in my experience two small plants in a single small pot
will do better than those same plants in two small pots. It usually
isn't that much of a problem to separate them when they get bigger, if
you are careful. I'd not wait until they became multiple growth plants
before separating them. If you repot once a year (like I _should_),
then just check them when you are doing everything else. If they are
healthy, have grown well in the past year, and look big enough to be on
their own, then separate them.

The whole point of this exercise is to put two (or more) plants into
the same size pot you would have put them individually. Crowd them in
the pot, in other words. It does you absolutely no good (and will kill
the plants) to put two plants in a huge container. Putting several
babies into the same pot has the distinct advantage of saving space (see
rule 1), and there does seem to be a growth advantage for small plants
to be in close company.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Koi and ciclids together ek Ponds 6 28-11-2003 07:42 PM
planting Heather and lavender together Joe Soap of the Crumbling Spires United Kingdom 4 08-09-2003 06:03 PM
could i graft a living treehouse together? Monique Reed Plant Biology 9 29-03-2003 06:44 PM
[IBC] repot and prune together?? Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 1 09-03-2003 03:21 AM
two ponds together? Sue Walsh Ponds 9 08-02-2003 09:38 PM