Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
RPM1

Default Went to =look= at orchids yesterday

Ended up coming home with two:

Vuyl. Yokara 'Perfection' AM/RHS

and

Brsdm. Shooting Star 'Black Gold'

Both in bloom. BIG spike on the Brsdm with about
20 flowers in full bloom. The shop keeper sort of
tried to talk me out of it but it's such a spectacular
looking plant I just had to have it in all its glory. ;-)

I guess that makes about 25 orchids for me now
since I started this bizarre obsession last Christmas
with the purchase of a sweet little Phal. I wonder how
many I'll have a year from now, 5 years...

Ruth CM

Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Diana Kulaga

I wonder how many I'll have a year from now, 5 years...

You really don't want to know........Let the addiction take over gradually.
It's less noticeable that way. Then, when your house turns into a
greenhouse over time, it will seem perfectly natural. I don't know where
you grow, but in my case here in south FL, it was the most logical thing in
the world to add on to the pool lanai, and it is just as perfect that my
husband has been working on a watering system, so there is a string of PVC
pipe going around the perimeter of the original pool screen. After all, it
serves a dual purpose: The Vandas get watered, and the water level in the
pool never gets low.

If you are growing inside, you can creep up on the spare bedroom! A
humidifier in the dining room will make up for never having another formal
meal in this life time! Glorious orchids! Orchids everywhere!
It's.........La La Land!

Congrats on your new acquisitions. VBG

Diana