Old 10-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Society Cooperation

All,

How is cooperation between local societies in your areas? Naturally, there
will and should be healthy competition, but do the societies get together on
any projects, etc?

Diana

Old 10-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Mick Fournier

Diana,

I would like to schedule a happy-hour napalm paintball fight between Miami
and the Ft Lauderdale. I think that would be hoot.

Mick

Old 10-04-2004, 09:32 PM
John DeGood

It seems excellent in the Philadelphia metro area. Many people belong
to several societies, because one orchid gathering a month just isn't
enough. :-) The Delaware Valley Orchid Council is comprised of nine
area societies and six commercial growers: their annual DVOC Speakers'
Forum 2 weeks ago drew 160 enthusiasts. Volunteers from the area
societies work together at the Philadelphia Flower Show each year. The
society I belong to (Pinelands) lists the major events of the nearby
societies in its newsletter each month.

John

Old 11-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Diana Kulaga

I would like to schedule a happy-hour napalm paintball fight between Miami
and the Ft Lauderdale. I think that would be hoot.

Unfortunately, that sounds like what we have around here. But, up until
now, everyone has been willing to take it on the chin. I don't do that very
well.

What I'd really like to do is tear that lousy, never ending, omnipresent
bamboo backdrop to shreds. The one that the neighboring society always
stuffs against our displays.

No, the one that they DID stuff against our displays. Before I started to
chair them.

All the same, some of us do have common ground. Guess that's a rarity.

DK

Old 11-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Kenni Judd

Diana: I don't think the 3 OS's nearest me are intentionally antagonistic,
but I also don't think they communicate -- which is a necessary first step
toward cooperation. Kenni

ink.net...

Old 12-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Kenni Judd

Diana: Your OS is one of my favs, and with such good folks in key
positions, I'm sure it is having better luck than some others in achieving
cooperation with its neighboring societies. Oftentimes, a little
communication backed by an open mind [whoever it was from the neighbor OS
probably didn't even realize that bamboo backdrop was inconveniencing you,
till you mentioned it G] is all it takes to get good results in that
regard. But geographically, I have 2 OS's between here and PSLOS heading
north, and 2-3 others that are closer to me in the other direction, so your
group was not one of the 3 I had in mind when I wrote the prior post.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids