Old 19-04-2004, 01:03 AM
PhalGuy

Default What is going on with me?

Hello everyone!

This weekend was the OrchidExpo in Montréal ans I was a volonteer in the
fragrant orchid section!
You know me..... I`m having problem with my wallet and orchids!

I just bought a : Phal. cornu-cervi that`s it!!!!!

I think I`m sick or just getting older! :-)

Bye

--
Claude

www.picturetrail.com/phalguy

Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old 19-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Diana Kulaga

I just bought a : Phal. cornu-cervi that`s it!!!!!

I think I`m sick or just getting older! :-)

No, baby, you're just getting smarter! I made such awful choices when I
started to grow orchids - more, more, more. And now I have lots of babies,
and I need room for the more mature plants that I love. So, more choices:
give away the dross, and keep the good stuff. It's smart to go slow.

Diana

Old 19-04-2004, 03:03 AM
GrlIntrpted

Oh Claude, I purchased only 2 at the 24th International Orchid
show.....whereas previously I'd purchase anything that I saw ...Now I do
things differently, I make wish lists and stick to them.

-M

s.com...

Old 19-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Diana Kulaga

I always just "wish" I could spend more.... "Kid in the candy store"
syndrome hasn't left me after
more than 30 years of growing these babies.

Understood, Ray! But, you've got the GH. Down here, we've added all the
lanai we can add. Went to our local auction Saturday (actually, I was the
auctioneer, so Frank did the bidding on anything we wanted) and came home
with three nice ones. One, Enc. cordigera "Chocolate Violets" x Enc.
atroniceum "Mother's Day" is in spike. Can't wait to see the flower.

More, more, more. Guess is doesn't ever change. I'll find room!

Diana

Old 21-04-2004, 04:03 AM
tbell

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:38:45 -0700, Diana Kulaga wrote
(in message t):

auctioneer, so Frank did the bidding on anything we wanted) and came home
with three nice ones. One, Enc. cordigera "Chocolate Violets" x Enc.
atroniceum "Mother's Day" is in spike. Can't wait to see the flower.

More, more, more. Guess is doesn't ever change. I'll find room!

Since Frank has become an enthusiast, is it "double your pleasure, double
your budget?"
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
To reply by e-mail, please remove APPENDIX

Old 21-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Diana Kulaga

Since Frank has become an enthusiast, is it "double your pleasure, double
your budget?"

This has become a dangerous enterprise indeed. Frank never complained when
I bought new plants, but now he has his own desires to deal with in addition
to mine. He saw a photo ad of Phal. violacea "Krull's Navy Blue" in an
issue of Orchids and now he's on a crusade for a true blue Phal. I got a
lead on one from a friend - it was five hundred buckaroos! No, neither of
us would ever, ever come even close to doing something like that. After
all, it would die quickeer than you could say Blue Phal.

Before that it was a true red Phal. He satisfied that with Lonnie Morris
"Nationwide", at a reasonable price at Odom's.

Next month is Redland. Will work for gas money........

Diana

Old 21-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Rob Halgren

This has become a dangerous enterprise indeed. Frank never complained when
I bought new plants, but now he has his own desires to deal with in addition
to mine. He saw a photo ad of Phal. violacea "Krull's Navy Blue" in an
issue of Orchids and now he's on a crusade for a true blue Phal. I got a
lead on one from a friend - it was five hundred buckaroos! No, neither of
us would ever, ever come even close to doing something like that. After
all, it would die quickeer than you could say Blue Phal.

Before that it was a true red Phal. He satisfied that with Lonnie Morris
"Nationwide", at a reasonable price at Odom's.

Next month is Redland. Will work for gas money........

My .sig used to say "Will flask for food". Never did get any food
out of it... If you or anybody wants to work for phals, feel free to
stop by if you are in my neck of the woods. I have several greenhouse
benches full, and I don't even really like phals... Can't say that they
are in the best of shape (too much light and not enough water, whilst
the previous owner was dealing with illness). Come over and fill up
your trunk.

I'm actually looking for a good french spot. That is the Phal among
all others that I need. The rest can go away. Nobody seems to breed
these anymore. French-spots (at least the one I have in my head) are
pure white with very small pink spots all over the flower. The really
good ones are the size of a standard white, and have similar form.
Drooling yet? I'm either going to have to find some of these, or start
trying to breed some.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Old 22-04-2004, 03:05 AM
Ray

Wish list !?!?!?!

I always just "wish" I could spend more.... "Kid in the candy store" syndrome hasn't left me after
more than 30 years of growing these babies.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
et...

Old 28-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Diana Kulaga

If you or anybody wants to work for phals, feel free to
stop by if you are in my neck of the woods. I have several greenhouse
benches full, and I don't even really like phals...

No plans to get to MI any time soon!

Drooling yet?

Yep!

Diana