Old 10-05-2004, 04:03 AM
steve

Default Questions about Wakins and any available in SF Bay area shops?

I know that it is a strong fast goldfish with a double tail which is a
good pond fish and and the most common goldfish pondfish in Japan and
China. It has a magnificent tail with a wider than normal goldfish
body and it can easily hold its own with the comets and the standard
goldfish at feeding time. For the most part we can't get em in the
states and I was wondering if they hype this fish too much? and its
friendliness. Is it really as good as the websites say it is or is it
just another goldfish?? just asking and does anyone know where I can
get it in the SF bayarea because I have not found it even after
looking and making calls to a half a dozen shops. thanks.
Old 22-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Steve,

I have been busy this week with numerous softball games
for my daughters, so am only now getting time to answer
this, so, in a nut shell Wakins are great fish, heavier
bodied than Comets or Common Goldfish. I don't know if
they are any friendlier than any other variety of
Goldfish, my Blue Phoenix are just adorable, so I think
is a precept of the handler.

The http://www.GoldfishConnection.com has them off and
on you just have to keep checking or you can get on
their list and have them email you when they get some in.

The guy in Dallas had some awhile ago, but I have
forgot his url.

You just have to keeping checking sites or ask them
about getting some.

Tom L.L.

Wakins ~ jan[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 2 14-04-2009 03:46 PM
Importing from canada and good shops in ottawa area. ? Orchids 6 16-07-2005 11:44 PM
"KOI" vs. "Wakins" Jerry G Ponds 1 08-08-2004 09:43 PM
1st time visitor would love a list of some specialty rose shops and poss info more Gail Futoran Roses 3 22-07-2004 07:07 PM
Scottish pet shops and garden centres Jordi Casamitjana United Kingdom 9 11-12-2003 11:15 AM