Old 07-05-2004, 01:03 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Current list of trades

I'm doing some major spring cleaning and put these on my trade list, need to
make room for other more exciting orchids . I am looking primarily for
Phal species. Drop me a line if there is anything that interests you on the
list below:

Bl Morning Glory Mature division of many p/b''s previously bloomed several
times. Kawomoto Orchids
Blc Crowfield 'Mendenhall" Mature previously bloomed well established in a
5" plastic pot plant. Many p/b's
Blc Goldenzelle 'Sandra' x self BS Plant. About 8 P/b's well established.
With proper care should bloom in the next blooming season
Blc Momilani Rainbow 'Gypsy x Slc Sutters Creek 'Gold County' Previously
bloomed mature plant. Fragrant lots of ruffles
Bllra Peggy Ruth Carpenter 'Morning Joy' Previously bloomed mature plant.
Stunning flowers, enormous, about 8" in size
Dendrochilum glumaceum previously bloomed mature plant 12 p/b in a
plastic pot.
Enc cochleata previously bloomed, well established orchid currently in
bloom. J&L Orchids
Mtdm Pupukea Sunset 'Waiomao' (White) very fragrant during the afternoon
especially when the sun hits it. Brown yellow medium sized flower.
Previously bloomed.
Mtssa Royal Robe x Brs rexVery fragrant during the afternoon especially when
the sun hits it. White yellow small sized flowers that come in by the
hundreds and last for months. Previously bloomed.
Oncidum Twinkle Fantasy mature division of too many to count well
established, fragrant orchid. Sweet chocolatey scent.
Paph Dr. Calsow Impressive size green paphiopedilum. Two growths previously
bloomed mature plant. Gorgeous leaves
Paph Dragon Blood x Kevins WineNice dark Paph. Blooming size, gorgeous
leaves
Paph Pinocchio Previously bloomed mature plant. Two growths. Stayed in
bloom for me for almost 9 months. Gorgeous pouch!
Paph Puppentanz Blooming size 20" leaf span Antec labs
Paph St. Swithin1 growth 28" leaf span.
Paph sukhakulii x Tuxedo Junction 'Catatonk' HCC/AOS Blooming size orchid.
Gorgeous, Antec labs
Paph Magic Lantern Growths, previously bloomed.

Best regards,
Mariana

Contact me directly at Grdengrl at optonline dot net

Old 08-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

I would realy be interested in the BL morning glory. I've been looking for
it here in europe and have'nt found it. My backup plan was to make it myself
since I have both parents just one probleme neither parent wants to bloom.
Would it be possible and if so how and how much
Cheers
Peter

"GrlIntrpted" schreef in bericht
.net...

Old 08-05-2004, 03:06 AM
GrlIntrpted

Peter I would send it to you if you told me how . I have no clue how to
send it to Europe. Anyone? Should I just walk into the local post office
and ask?

Mariana

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in
message ...
[...]

established, fragrant orchid. Sweet chocolatey scent. Very fragrant

during the afternoon especially when
the sun hits it. White yellow small sized flowers that come in by the
hundreds and last for months. Previously bloomed.
Mtssa Royal Robe x Brs rex 7" spider like flowers, last bloom 8-7.5"

flowers.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Yes I think asking is the bast way.
some people at our sociaty claim that they sent small packages with orchids
from all over the world. Without papers and often they arive sometimes the
packages are intercepted and confiscated. there is a risk involved so asking
is probably best. i don't want you to get into trouble or myself for that
matter. if you can, i would be greatfull;
Postage in europe is easy, we are allowed to post any orchid as long as it
stays within the european unien. free movement of goods, kapital and
persons. Basic right in the european union. I could take a plane to denmark
and buy a handfull of orchids and just cary them as handluckage on the plane
back. I only need proof of perchase or possession. So when they are a gift,
the previous owner just has to right a peace of paper stating that he has
giving me the plants.

Old 08-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Claude

Isn`t it the same thing here between Canada and USA! The free trade!
If so, why should we fill lots of paper and pay for importation of an orchid
from USA or Canada?

Claude

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in
message ...

Old 08-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Ray

If you want to do it legally, it would require at a minimum a government-issued phytosanitary
certificate and CITES docs certifying that the plant is not restricted from trade - cost could be
anywhere from $100-$150. And you'd likely need an import permit from Peter.

I have never exported plants myself, but have heard of folks getting the phyto cert and claiming the
plants to simply be tropical plants, not orchids.

Then there are those that wrap it like a birthday present, put it in a box and claim it's socks or
something...

.net...

Old 13-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

mariana if you figure out a way to sent that plant you can always reach me
on mail just remove petergoingbananas.
Cheers
Peter

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." schreef in