Old 19-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Rob Halgren

Tom, if you had the energy you could find the credit... *grin*

I find that I can't find the zoning permission to extend my greenhouse.
The credit is still passable. Ok, ok, I still haven't built my little
greenhouse, but I would like to make it bigger already.

48'x32' approved . 48 more linear feet unapproved - hoops but no zoning
(anybody want some steel hoops?). Having a greenhouse razing this
weekend. Yes, I spelled that right, I have to tear it apart in its
current location and move it to my house.

to choose between them and a few orchids. Despite Rob's Rules, I haven't
credit or energy enough to extend my little GH.

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )

Old 20-08-2004, 03:07 AM
Weeble

I'm in zone 9, in Houston. Seems like everything I get likes to be root
bound...hmmm...

Shell

"Wendy" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:18:42 GMT, Shell wrote:

news2.west.cox.net!west.cox.net!east.cox.net!filt0 1.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!c
ox.net!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp. dca.giganews.com!nntp.giga
news.com!news-feed01.roc.ny.frontiernet.net!nntp.frontiernet.net !prodigy.com
!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!postmaste r.news.prodigy.com!newssvr
23.news.prodigy.com.POSTED!5f687a12!not-for-mail
From: "Shell"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids

Subject: OT (sort of) Epiphyllum question

19 Aug 2004 09:18:42 EDT)
_JSCFFUA_QXFGVSCYRPILH]TRVKC^LSN@DX_HCAFX__@J\DAJBVMY\ZWZCZLPA^MVH_P@\\EO MW\
YSXHG__IJQY_@M[A[[AXQ_XDSTAR]\PG]NVAQUVM
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:18:42 GMT

Wish I had a greenhouse of any size Since I posted last my A/C broke
down and all the plants have been moved into the computer room since

it's
the best room for light without extra heat and dryness. Not to mention

my
mom is tired of my plants taking over her dining room. I plan on

rooting my
epiphyllums in 3"x4" gladware containers since the only small pots I

have
are 2 1/2". I figure a few drainage holes and presto small rooting pots
which will then sit in a larger plastic drip tray.

BTW if you should decide to choose orchids over epis I have a nice spot

for
them

Shell

"tbell" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:11:05 -0700, Weeble wrote
(in article ):

Does anyone grow epiphyllums with thier orchids? Any info would be
appreciated as I just ordered a couple of plants and several cuttings.

want to put everything together with my orchids if possible

Shell

I do, Shell, since I received cuttings about 9 months ago. They're in

my 8
10' intermediate to warm GH with most of my orchids, planted in a fine
bark/vermiculite/sand mix in 4" square plastic pots. I water and

fertilize
just as I do the potted orchids.
All the cuttings rooted and have grown phenomenally well, and two have
bloomed. The only problem is that they are taking up so much room, I

may
have
to choose between them and a few orchids. Despite Rob's Rules, I

haven't
credit or energy enough to extend my little GH.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP 5700

Forgive me if I have asked before Shell, but what zone are you in.
Epiphyllums get huge! Like to hang & be rootbound in their containers.
Cheers Wendy

From: "Shell"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids

Old 06-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Epiforums

Shell,

Epiphyllums should go well with orchids. They both need a good amount
of humidity. I think they use the term orchid cactus for epis as
well. You can check out the Epiforums website
(http://www.epiforums.com) for plenty of epi culturing information.

Eddie

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:11:05 GMT, "Weeble" wrote:

Does anyone grow epiphyllums with thier orchids? Any info would be
appreciated as I just ordered a couple of plants and several cuttings. I