Old 20-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Diana Kulaga

The Delaware River is about 25 feet above flood stage, but other than
suffering through a horrific day of rain, it wasn't all that bad here.

Glad you are okay, Ray. Wishes were with everybody!

Diana

Old 20-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Diana Kulaga

Six?!?
The last we heard, didn't you still have 8 functioning fingers? What did
you do NOW?

Steve

LOL, back up to seven today, sort of. On Friday I went to have outpatient
surgery to repair the broken and dislocated finger on my right hand. I kept
telling Frank that I thought it was an awful lot of rigmarole to go through
to splint a finger, but I found out otherwise. I opted for a local "block"
anesthesia, but it didn't work (couldn't talk, right side of my body began
to shake) so they went to a general. When I woke up I had a cast around two
fingers and bandages immobilizing the rest of them. The dislocation was
affecting the tendons in the rest of my hand. They put me in a sling to
boot, but i got rid of that by Sunday. I took their pailn meds the first
night, but never agailn! Horrible stuff! So I have some discomfort, but
not too much. I hope they will take off the bandages on Friday and just
leave the cast so I have more mobility.

The good news: I can now do the NY Times crossword using my left hand; I
can zip my own shorts; I learned how to tie my shoekaces with 6 fingers; I
can take a shower using an "Aqua Shield" that Frank has to stretch with all
his might to get it ]on my arm; I can dry my hair, though it is no longer in
doubt that I'm a curly head; and today - TA DA! - I hooked my own bra!

Gotta laugh about this stuff. I have a t shirt that reads *S* Happens. And
so it does! Forgive typos. I think I got most of them!

Orchids rule!

Diana

Old 21-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Kenni Judd

The remnants of Ivan showed up here yesterday and I hope are about done.
Lots of rain but no real wind, so no further property damage.

Kenni

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
I know at least a few posters here must have been impacted by Ivan.

Please
let us know you're OK when you can.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

Old 21-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Kenni Judd

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
I know at least a few posters here must have been impacted by Ivan.

Please
let us know you're OK when you can.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids
http://www.jborchids.com

Righting What Ivan Wronged Patrick Gardening 11 23-09-2004 06:45 PM
[IBC] Goodbye Ivan (was: [IBC] Happy New Year) Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL Bonsai 1 22-09-2004 12:45 PM
OT - Ivan Kenni Judd Orchids 0 18-09-2004 10:49 PM
[IBC] Goodbye Ivan - Now HELLO Ivan Corcoran. Bil Bonsai 2 18-09-2004 04:10 PM
Well my pond is now full and it survived Ivan Roy Ponds 22 18-09-2004 11:28 AM