Old 25-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:46:25 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Wendy I feel so sorry for the folks in central coastal Florida they
have had a decades worth of bad storms in one season so far, we have
had tons of rain and some high wind but NOTHING like Diana and company
have had, this is insane...

Actually, Dave, we are lower than central here in PSL, and this part of the
East Coast got ravaged by Frances but we largely missed the others,
thankfully. The "Return of Ivan the Terrible" dumped about 50 inches of rain
over a week, but we never got the storm itself. Where Frank and I live is
about 10 miles inland and though we live on a canal we are high and dry - no
flooding. All things considered, we and most of our friends are very
fortunate. I know people who lost everything. Sometimes I feel that I
shouldn't joke about all of this, but humor has always kept me sane. No
point in a sour face!

Diana

Exactly Right Diana, it is humor, even gallows humor, which permits us
to cope. Am well familiar with your area, used to live in South
Florida and collect reptiles all the way up and down the coast
including the PSL area. Also my alternate number in Jacksonville
covers all the way to Homestead from JAX on both coasts and the center
of the state, her territory has taken it on the chin damage wise and I
have had crews in the area doing damage restoral to our system. (CSX
Railroad Communications) One of my Tech's mother and dads home in PSL
was heavily damaged to the point they had to board up and move inland
to a relatives house. Good luck to all of you there.

Dave

Old 25-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:38:24 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Anyway take extra care & I will hold thumbs & keep my fingers crossed for

y'all.

Uh oh. We've got Wendy calling us "y'all"!

Diana

Insidious! Yep that's it! We here in the Southeast are a bad influence
on Wendy....

Dave

Old 25-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Dave Fouchey

Folks Jeanne is now a Category 3 storm please take care of yourselves
first, Orchids, Homes, Property etc. can be replaced you guys are
irreplaceable. Good luck to all of you.

Dave
Old 25-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Diana Kulaga

"Dave Fouchey" wrote in message
Folks Jeanne is now a Category 3 storm please take care of yourselves
first, Orchids, Homes, Property etc. can be replaced you guys are
irreplaceable. Good luck to all of you.

Dave

Yep, it is now a Cat 3 (how's that for hurricane lingo?). We are as
battened down as we can be, safe room (laundry room) is equipped, Casper is
the Wonder Cat is barred from getting under a bed and his carrier is ready,
important papers in safe room along with meds, etc. Pray Jeanne does not hit
Cat 4, and pray for those in less safe buildings than ours.

And pray that we have enough booze to get through this mess, LOL!

Diana & Frank, together as always

Old 26-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Dave Gillingham

wrote:

Anyway take extra care & I will hold thumbs & keep my fingers crossed for

y'all.

Uh oh. We've got Wendy calling us "y'all"!

Diana

Insidious! Yep that's it! We here in the Southeast are a bad influence
on Wendy....

That's the kind of bad influence we can do with more of.

Dave Gillingham

Old 26-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Dave Fouchey

Looks like Diana and company have taken a direct hit, hope they are
doing well.

Dave

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:14:59 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

.. .

Old 26-09-2004, 08:30 PM
wendy7

Oh my! I sure hope they are all ok? My hubby's cousin lives there in a
mobile home & they had to evacuate.
Still holding thumbs & crossing my fingers to cool the wrath
of mother nature.
Most of all, our prayers are with y'all.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 26-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Ray

My Mom lives in Daytona, and they're already taking her home from the
shelter.

Lot's of power-outage in the area, so I guess it might be a little while
until we hear from the regulars.

..

Old 27-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Steve

wendy7 wrote:
Still holding thumbs & crossing my fingers to cool the wrath

You know Wendy, I never said anything but, try as I might, I just can't
get my fingers to cross when I'm holding my thumbs. How exactly is that
done?

Steve
;-)

Old 28-09-2004, 03:41 AM
wendy7

Hi Steve, it's pretty easy, shall have to take a pic! *g*
Where have you been lately?