Old 23-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default O/T: Another Hurricane!?

Can you believe this? Hurricane Jeanne has a bulls eye on Port St. Lucie.
All plants in under cover again tomorrow. Rot is a problem. Hurricane
panels almost completely up. Mealies tried to invade, as did scale, but we
found 'em.

Yeesh. I haven't even got this cast off yet, and now it's time to get hurt
again, LOL.

Be well, all in the path. Kenni, batten down the hatches!

Diana
..

Old 23-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Dave Fouchey

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:46:43 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Can you believe this? Hurricane Jeanne has a bulls eye on Port St. Lucie.
All plants in under cover again tomorrow. Rot is a problem. Hurricane
panels almost completely up. Mealies tried to invade, as did scale, but we
found 'em.

Yeesh. I haven't even got this cast off yet, and now it's time to get hurt
again, LOL.

Be well, all in the path. Kenni, batten down the hatches!

Diana
.

Diana I am SO tired of these this year......good luck down there at
least all I am likely to see is a tropical storm out of her. Sheesh...

Dave The Web Footed One
Old 24-09-2004, 12:30 AM
wendy7

Oh no!!!!!! What is wrong with Mother Nature?
Anyway take extra care & I will hold thumbs & keep my fingers
crossed for y'all.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 24-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:30:09 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Oh no!!!!!! What is wrong with Mother Nature?
Anyway take extra care & I will hold thumbs & keep my fingers
crossed for y'all.

Wendy I feel so sorry for the folks in central coastal Florida they
have had a decades worth of bad storms in one season so far, we have
had tons of rain and some high wind but NOTHING like Diana and company
have had, this is insane...

Dave

Old 24-09-2004, 02:32 AM
wendy7

Yes Dave, God & or Mother Nature is angry! We are prepping for fire
season & who knows when & where the big E will hit next. Then theres
the tornado's & floods. We have had no rain since Feb. but then we
are always dry through the summer, semi desert etc.

Old 24-09-2004, 02:48 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:48:15 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

This is revenge for Governor Bush throwing the last election his brother's
way... grin

By "George" I think you have it Ray! G

Dave
Old 24-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Kenni Judd

Not only is the weather insane, it's sending me [even further] that way
rather quickly! Battening away,
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

link.net...

Old 24-09-2004, 02:41 PM
TRAINMAN9

Can you believe this? Hurricane Jeanne has a bulls eye on Port St. Lucie.

How have some of the Florida Orchid nurseries faired?
Old 24-09-2004, 02:41 PM
TRAINMAN9

Old 24-09-2004, 06:01 PM
betsyb

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
link.net...
Can you believe this? Hurricane Jeanne has a bulls eye on Port St. Lucie.
All plants in under cover again tomorrow. Rot is a problem. Hurricane
panels almost completely up. Mealies tried to invade, as did scale, but

we
found 'em.

Yeesh. I haven't even got this cast off yet, and now it's time to get

hurt
again, LOL.

Be well, all in the path. Kenni, batten down the hatches!

Diana

Without humor, we lose spirit:
You might be a Floridian if:_
You exhibit a slight twitch when introduced to anyone with the first
names of Bonnie, Charley, Frances or Ivan {or Jennie lol)
Your freezer never has more than $20 worth of food in it any given time
You're looking at paint swatches for the plywood on your windows, to
accent the house color
You think of your hall closet/saferoom as "cozy"
Your pool is more accurately described as "framed in" than "screened in"
Your freezer in the garage now only has homemade ice in it
You no longer worry about relatives visiting during the summer months
You, too, haven't heard back from the insurance adjuster
You now understand what that little "2% hurricane deductible" phrase
really means
You're putting a collage together on your driveway of roof shingles from
your neighborhood
You were once proud of your 16" electric chain saw
Your Street has more than 3 "NO WAKE" signs posted
You now own 5 large ice chests
Your parrot can now say" hammered," "pounded," and "hunker down"
You recognize people in line at the free ice, gas and plywood locations
You stop what you're doing and clap and wave when you see a convoy of
power company trucks come down your street
You're depressed when they don't stop
You have the personal cell phone numbers of the managers for plywood,
roofing supplies and generators at Home Depot on your speed dialer
You've spent more than $20 on "Tall white kitchen bags" to make your own
sand bags
You're considering upgrading your 16" to a 24" chainsaw
You know what "Bar chain oil" is
You're thinking of getting your wife the hardhat with the ear protector
and face shield for Christmas
You now think the $6000 whole house generator seems reasonable
You look forward to discussions about the merits of "cubed, block and
dry ice"
Your therapist refers to your condition as "generator envy"
You fight the urge to put on your winter coat and wool cap and parade
around in front of your picture window when you finally get power