Old 18-11-2004, 03:25 AM
K Barrett

You'll kill them dead.

K Barrett

"Damage Control" wrote in message
m...
Has anyone heard of misting or watering cymbidiums with sea water? I
was told that cymbidiums are somewhat coastal, getting "salt air"
accompanied by the occasional typhoon and need periodic treatment of
"salty water" to maintain their vigor inland. I know that they can be
grown in the gulf states and California as outdoor plants, and as I've
seen, are absolutely gorgeous.

I haven't been able to verify the information, and wondered if anyone
in the group had heard of it, tried it, what concentration, and to
what success.

Any input would be appreciated.

Old 18-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Ray

I believe this might be a case in which the conditions that might be
associated with a sea mist may be beneficial - good air movement, an evening
cooling breeze, etc. - and the lore has grown up around it as being the mist
itself.

..

Old 18-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Ray

"K Barrett" wrote in message
You'll kill them dead.

K Barrett

"Damage Control" wrote in message
m...
Has anyone heard of misting or watering cymbidiums with sea water? I
was told that cymbidiums are somewhat coastal, getting "salt air"
accompanied by the occasional typhoon and need periodic treatment of
"salty water" to maintain their vigor inland. I know that they can be
grown in the gulf states and California as outdoor plants, and as I've
seen, are absolutely gorgeous.

I haven't been able to verify the information, and wondered if anyone
in the group had heard of it, tried it, what concentration, and to
what success.

Any input would be appreciated.

Sea Shepherd News Japan Acknowledges Sea Shepherd’s Defense of the Whales Holly United Kingdom 1 17-04-2008 04:30 PM
Sea Shepherd Announces: Seal Defense Campaign 2008! Sea ShepherdCrew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice [email protected] United Kingdom 1 06-04-2008 08:41 AM
OT sea to shining sea KenCo Ponds 0 21-11-2003 03:13 AM
Warm Tolerant Cymbidiums [email protected] Orchids 6 27-03-2003 05:44 AM