Old 17-12-2004, 10:17 PM
K Barrett

Default Troublesome

I'm not sure what to make of these articles. I got the links from the OGD
discussion. I've been pondering them ever since. Think they are true?

http://www.alternet.org/story/20666/

http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2...ian/index.html

K Barrett

Old 17-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Diana Kulaga

I'm not sure what to make of these articles. I got the links from the OGD
discussion. I've been pondering them ever since. Think they are true?

IMO, this is politics at its worst. An awful lot of supposition on the part
of the writers what is in other people's heads. I claim no affiliation
here in either direction - I keep that strictly out of rgo - but whatever
one's leanings there is no doubt whatsoever about where Bill Moyers stands.

Are there some Americans who believe the things he ascribed to them?
Probably, as there are Americans who believe that nobody should own
property, and there are Americans who think the earth is flat, and there are
Americans who think that our computers are actualy infiltrating our minds
(well, okay, maybe that part is true, LOL!).

Personally, I'm getting quite tired of the demonization on both sides of
this argument. Regardless of who I vote for, or who you vote for, can anyone
honestly think either of us wants dirty air and dead animals? Apparently
some people believe just that about those on the other side of their views,
and I think it's getting pretty old.

Democrats do not want Communism, and Republicans do not want to starve
grandma. The true ideologues reside in the chattering classes, and both
sides can take their cases elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

Diana

Old 18-12-2004, 03:20 AM
Mike

K Barrett wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of these articles. I got the links from

the OGD
discussion. I've been pondering them ever since. Think they are

true?

http://www.alternet.org/story/20666/

http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2...ian/index.html

K Barrett

Are what true? The fact that Moyers made the speech? The facts,
allegations and/or references in the speech? Something else? I don't
know if all the specific allegations are true but if you question their
credibility just because they sound too bizarre to be true - think
again!!

Mike
(The email address is real, but I very rarely check it so don't count
on it.)

Old 18-12-2004, 04:43 PM
K Barrett

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...

K Barrett wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of these articles. I got the links from

the OGD
discussion. I've been pondering them ever since. Think they are

true?

http://www.alternet.org/story/20666/

http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2...ian/index.html

K Barrett

Are what true? The fact that Moyers made the speech? The facts,
allegations and/or references in the speech? Something else? I don't
know if all the specific allegations are true but if you question their
credibility just because they sound too bizarre to be true - think
again!!

Mike
(The email address is real, but I very rarely check it so don't count
on it.)

Yeah, I was questioning their credibility becasue I thought they were too
bizzarre to be true. Guess I'd better think again.

Thanks

OK, let's get back on topic

Old 18-12-2004, 04:46 PM
K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Well I used to think that none of us wanted dirty air and dead animals until
I read these articles, and now I'm left wondering about that and also
wondering whose ox is being gored by the articles in the 1st place... so I'm
confused.

Thanks Diana.

OK, Back to orchids,

Old 19-12-2004, 04:26 PM
unknown

In article . net,
"Diana Kulaga" wrote:

Personally, I'm getting quite tired of the demonization on both sides of
this argument. Regardless of who I vote for, or who you vote for, can anyone
honestly think either of us wants dirty air and dead animals? Apparently
some people believe just that about those on the other side of their views,
and I think it's getting pretty old.

Democrats do not want Communism, and Republicans do not want to starve
grandma. The true ideologues reside in the chattering classes, and both
sides can take their cases elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

Diana

i don't think it's a matter of "wanting", i think it's a matter of
simply not giving a damn, with the result that we get the dirty air and
the dead animals. no, i don't think anyone's going out and actively
seeking these things, but they'e refusing to do things to avoid these
outcomes.

--j_a