Old 06-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Phalguy

Default Phal leaves and salt buid up!

Hello everyone!

Lot`s of my phals have some salt buidup from the tap water. A couple of days
ago, I decided to clean them all with fresh lemon juice. Some look great but
for a few phal, it`s worse ! Now, they seems to have more buildup all spread
out on the leaves!
Why?
Should I rub the leaves with lemon juice more vigourously?
Ray, I tried the rinse and shine but I think I had to much salt build-up
already and didn`t work!

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Claude

Old 06-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Ray

Claude,

If you use lemon juice, you have to wipe the leaves down with clean water
before the liquid has had a chance to dry. The citric acid will dissolve
the carbonates, but if you don't rinse that solution off, the solids will
just precipitate again.

As far as Rise & Shine is concerned, it would be a good choice for
more-frequent cleaning, and if you want to use it exclusively, you have to
spray it on, let it soak for a while, then wipe.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Phalguy

Thanks Ray!

"Ray" wrote in message
news | Claude,

| If you use lemon juice, you have to wipe the leaves down with clean water
| before the liquid has had a chance to dry. The citric acid will dissolve
| the carbonates, but if you don't rinse that solution off, the solids will
| just precipitate again.
|
| As far as Rise & Shine is concerned, it would be a good choice for
| more-frequent cleaning, and if you want to use it exclusively, you have to
| spray it on, let it soak for a while, then wipe.
|
| --
|
| Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| Plants, Supplies, Artwork, Books and Lots of Free Info!
|

| "Phalguy" wrote in message
| Hello everyone!
|
| Lot`s of my phals have some salt buidup from the tap water. A couple of
| days
| ago, I decided to clean them all with fresh lemon juice. Some look great
| but
| for a few phal, it`s worse ! Now, they seems to have more buildup all
| spread
| out on the leaves!
| Why?
| Should I rub the leaves with lemon juice more vigourously?
| Ray, I tried the rinse and shine but I think I had to much salt build-up
| already and didn`t work!
|
| Any ideas ?
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude
|
| --

Yellow phal. leaves - Yellow Phal. (Small).JPG [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 4 10-12-2008 09:14 AM
Salt and tadpoles (and a long explanation) Rodney Pont Ponds 19 09-06-2004 06:46 AM
Leaves, leaves and yet more leaves! John Towill United Kingdom 12 01-11-2003 12:43 PM
Rock Salt vs Pond Salt itten Ponds 1 18-05-2003 01:20 PM
Salt and plants? [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:20 AM