Old 06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
oleblue

Default greenhouse plans

Does anyone have some plans for a small greenhouse to build that they
would share? It would be nice to see.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Bill Landers

"oleblue" wrote in message
Does anyone have some plans for a small greenhouse to build that they
would share? It would be nice to see.

If you haven't already seen this, I would recommend the Ortho Greenhouse
book. There are plans in the book for 4 or 5 different wood-framed
greenhouses that don't appear to be too overly difficult to construct, and
the book is not that expensive.

A greenhouse kit would run you around $1200-1500 for an 9x12, shipping not
included. FarmTek lists a Backyard Hobby Greenhouse 9x12 for $1395- this is
with twinwall polycarbonate.
http://www.FarmTek.com
You can also check Charley's Greenhouse and Garden
http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com
Janco Greenhouses
http://www.jancoinc.com
Santa Barbara Greenhouses
http://www.sbgreenhouse.com
Sturdi-Built Greenhouses
http://www.sturdi-built.com
I would also echo what myrmecodia said, and consider building new versus
second-hand. The twinwall from a second-hand greenhouse may be beginning to
cloud up, thus decreasing light transmission. Finally, you could check with
a horticultural supply house that services garden centers and nurseries in
your area. You could put up a quonset-style hoop house quite inexpensively,
and cover the house with sheet plastic, which can last anywhere from 1-4
years, depending on the film used. However, if you live in an area with a
heavy snowload, I would recommend getting a peaked-roof greenhouse rather
than a quonset-style. Ask you local garden center who their supplier is,
and start saving up your pennies g.
Bill Landers

Old 07-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Eric

oleblue wrote:
Does anyone have some plans for a small greenhouse to build that they

would share? It would be nice to see.

Hi,

If you're thinking of building one from scratch I know Home Depot sells
clear pvc panels that come in 8'x28" and 12'x28". I just built a shade
house but I used the pvc for my roof. I live in SW Florida and our
Summers can be very rainy (at least one heavy downpour daily) so I need
the cover or I spend the summer soaking wet. I hope this helps a bit.
If you'd like I can send you a picture.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:33 AM
oleblue

Eric wrote:
oleblue wrote:

Does anyone have some plans for a small greenhouse to build that they

would share? It would be nice to see.

Hi,

If you're thinking of building one from scratch I know Home Depot sells
clear pvc panels that come in 8'x28" and 12'x28". I just built a shade
house but I used the pvc for my roof. I live in SW Florida and our
Summers can be very rainy (at least one heavy downpour daily) so I need
the cover or I spend the summer soaking wet. I hope this helps a bit.
If you'd like I can send you a picture.

That would be fine.
Jim
Old 07-03-2005, 08:57 PM
profpam

If you have never had a greenhouse, you might start with a kit as they
are easy to assemble, and they don't take a contractor. One such kit is
available through Cosco internet. There are many others. I have
placed my experience on my website if you are interested in
reading:http://home.earthlink.net/~profpam/Haven.doc

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://home.earthlink.net/~profpam/page3.html

Old 08-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Eric

http://satoriorchids.blogspot.com/

Jim,
Here's a link to some photos of my shade house

Eric

Old 08-03-2005, 07:23 PM
dusty

oleblue wrote in news:kxJWd.663$Qz.436@okepread05:

Does anyone have some plans for a small greenhouse to build that they
would share? It would be nice to see.

Ive searched google 20 different ways for greenhouse plans and this is the
only decent plans I've found so far
http://www.americanbaby.com/bhg/stor...d502385&psrc=s
toretop10

I know a very strange place to find greenhouse plans
Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty

Old 09-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Wendy

One of my favourite sites. U-bild.com

http://www.u-bild.com/projects-outdoor/573.htm

Remove peterpan for email reply

Cheers Wendy

Old 09-03-2005, 10:28 AM
dusty

Wendy wrote in

http://www.u-bild.com/projects-outdoor/573.htm

Thanks wendy
would you belive I went through all 2,530,000 listings under a google
greenhouse search and never came across this one.