Old 21-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Eric

Default Pale leaves on my Phals

Hi,
I'm new to your group and would like to say hello. I hope someone
could help me. My phals have been developing very pale leaves. Just
one or two leaves per effected plant. Sometimes the leaf falls off when
I touch it. Is this common? Is there anything I can do, or should do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric Adam

Old 21-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Susan Erickson

On 21 Mar 2005 06:15:35 -0800, "Eric"
wrote:

Hi,
I'm new to your group and would like to say hello. I hope someone
could help me. My phals have been developing very pale leaves. Just
one or two leaves per effected plant. Sometimes the leaf falls off when
I touch it. Is this common? Is there anything I can do, or should do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric Adam

Is this just the bottom oldest leaf? Could it be natural aging?
How many leaves do the plants have?

How do you grow? Window, lights, gh?
How do you water? How often?
What do the roots look like?
How is the media that they are planted in?
Do you fertilize? When and how much?
Have you looked under the leaves? Any signs of bugs?
Have you sprayed for bugs? With what?
SuE
Old 21-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Xi Wang

Was this yellowing at the top or bottom leaves? Was the leaf completely
shrivelled and yellow when it fell? When you say the roots look
healthy, are you just talking about the surface ones? Tip out the plant
and check the entire root system. Also, hold the dropped leaf, and the
leaves on the plant to a bright light so you can see and check through
the leaf. Does everything look normal, i.e. even colour?

Cheers,
Xi

Eric wrote:
I live in SW Florida and I have a shade house. I've been watering once
a week and the roots and the rest of the plants look healthy with
larger leaves. The've been fertilized and I treat them with neem oil.
They all have spikes and are almost ready to flower. The yellowing
happend so fast and it was the entire leaf. I was wondering if the
plant was drawing energy from the leaves for the flowers because I 'm
not using enough fertilizer.

Old 21-03-2005, 06:29 PM

Florida --- I'm jealous. Cold Kansas here. How bout light, you say
shaded, how much shaded? I've seen leaves on plants turn yellow from
the mealies, but they take over the whole plant, like white cotton, so I
really don't think that's what's going on......Keep this group
posted....Burr

Old 24-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Eric

Thanks for all the help everyone. Garland, thats exactly whats
happening. Yes, it had been a cool a few weeks ago but I thought they
were in the clear. It sounds like cool weather may be the issue. Mine
started to yellow at the bottom too. Did the leaves on your phals turn
completely yellow?

Eric

Old 25-03-2005, 12:53 PM
GARLAND HANSON

Oh, Yes! They turned yellow, then brown, then crispy, then fell off. On
one of my nicer plants (of course...), I'm currently left with one pristine
leaf and one half-green leaf. The rest are toast. I'm sure the plant has
been set back for a year or two. We'll see what happens. At least this
particular plant has an extensive root system and I'm hoping that this kind
of underground horsepower will help new leaves appear and grow quickly.
We'll see...

ups.com...