Old 22-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Chris Ridge

Default Cymbidium roots

Thanks, Nancy! I will be repotting soon, so I'll get a good look at the
roots then.

"Nancy G." wrote in message
oups.com...

IMPO, when a cymbidium becomes root bound, the root growth is suspended
and the plant maintains itself on existing roots. We don't see the
roots' condition until it is time to re-pot and divide. At that time
the established roots are stressed, damaged, and given more space to
grow. Also, now in the northern hemisphere, the cymbidiums were in a
rest cycle and may not show much new growth.

The roots being white sounds healthy. Not having green tips would
indicate the roots are not in active growth due to dormancy or lack of
need or space for new growth.