Old 05-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Dave Gillingham

Default Had a blonde day!

My sincere apologies to all blondes for the unwarranted aspersion cast
upon them by the above heading. Guess I could have called it a
"seniors' day", but that's getting too close to home for comfort.

It was time for the weekly fertilising of my orchids. I measured out
70 ml of concentrate, filled up the sprayer with water, & shook it
thoroughly to ensure the fertiliser was properly dissolved. Pumped it
up, slung it over my shoulder, & headed out to the orchids. Carefully
squirted each pot with the appropriate amount; had a bit left over, so
also squirted several small cycads & other young plants. Best part of
an hour's work all told.

Went back to the preparation area to clean out the sprayer. Guess
what? There still on the bench was the 70 ml of fertiliser
concentrate! If anyone ever tells you Aussies can swear, you'd better
*#@#%&$#@@!!! believe it!
Dave Gillingham

Old 05-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Reka

Dave Gillingham wrote:
[...]

Glad you shook it up so well! :-Þ

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 05-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:32:35 +0200, Reka
wrote:

Dave Gillingham wrote:
My sincere apologies to all blondes for the unwarranted aspersion cast
upon them by the above heading. Guess I could have called it a
"seniors' day", but that's getting too close to home for comfort.

Went back to the preparation area to clean out the sprayer. Guess
what? There still on the bench was the 70 ml of fertiliser
concentrate! If anyone ever tells you Aussies can swear, you'd better
*#@#%&$#@@!!! believe it!
Dave Gillingham

Glad you shook it up so well! :-?

--
Reka

Welcome to the club.
SuE
Old 05-04-2005, 04:53 PM
dusty

It's called CRS disease (can't remember s@## (stuff)) caused by graying
hair.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Rob Halgren

dusty wrote:
It's called CRS disease (can't remember s@## (stuff)) caused by graying
hair.

I call it Halfheimers disease. I just forget half of the stuff I'm
supposed to.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 06-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Kenni Judd

Starts way earlier than does grey hair, at least in my family.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

Old 06-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:48:20 +1000, Dave Gillingham
wrote:

[...]

Dave, been there done that an NEVER EVER Admitted it to a living soul!

Dave
Old 06-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Reka

Kenni Judd wrote:
Starts way earlier than does grey hair, at least in my family.

Right, Kenni, me too! I had my first blond hairs at the tender age of 3
months or so...
;-)

Old 06-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Dave Gillingham

That reminded me to go back yo some *very* old photos. From babyhood
to about 8 years I was white blond - seems fate kicked in yesterday!
Then it gradually went red - hence the bad temper when something
stupid happens. Now, I suppose the polite term is ash-blond? Never
had a chance, did I?

Old 06-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Dave Gillingham

wrote:

[...]

Ah, Dave - but if you can laugh at yourself the world might laugh with
you. Certainly, if you take yourself too seriously, the world will
laugh *at* you. I just report selective incidents ;-} & hope you
enjoy them.
Dave Gillingham
Old 06-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Dave Gillingham

Went out & did it all again today. At least, this time the measuring
cup was empty when I went back to clean up. Just so long as I
actually *remembered* to measure it out in the beginning .....

Old 06-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Diana Kulaga

How about covering up until one looks like a space alien complete with mask,
measuring out the Orthene or Physan, attaching the hose-end sprayer, and
half way through the process realizing that suddenly Orthene doesn't have a
crappy odor anymore? Hmm?

Water never did kill thrips, as far as I know! LOL

Diana

Old 07-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Dave Gillingham

Diana, look at the silver lining: Had there been anything toxic in
your water supply, you were quite safe. You might have *drunk* it,
but at least your lungs were safe! And my orchids were very lovingly
& individually watered.
PS how are the fingers coming on?

Old 07-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Diana Kulaga

PS how are the fingers coming on?

You are sweet to remember that, Dave. I think I need to go back to physical
therapy. At the first of the year, I was doing quite well, and with the
exercises, etc, I thought I could handle the rest myself. But that
traitorous pinkie is curling up again, and my hand is weak. That is
unacceptable, so I will go back for more treatment. The good news is that it
doesn't hurt very much.

DianaTo email me remove the .private from my email address.