Old 18-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Byron

Default Where to find Den. lasianthera.

I am not able to find Den. lasianthera available for sale in my
searches using Google. Does anyone know of a good source?

Thanks in advance.
Byron

Old 18-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Kenni Judd

Try Orchid Acres (Mark Edlund) in Lake Worth, Florida. 561-795-9190. I
know Mark was looking for these, a while back; don't know if he ever found
them. Please tell him I sent you.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

ups.com...

Old 19-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Xi Wang

They have seedlings here.

http://www.houraiorchid.com/dendrobium1.htm

I found this by googling...I'm sure there are more sources out there.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 19-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Ray

I think it is interesting to note that Houri ships from Malaysia via the
USPS (how do they do that???), and offers a wide variety of paph species.

As all slipper orchids are on the CITES Appendix I, they are not eligible
for trade, so if you buy any from those folks, be prepared to have the USFWS
seize them and potentially fine and/or jail you!

Those "minor issues" make that vendor questionable, in my mind.

Old 19-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Martha

I bought some orchids from Hourai at the WOC in Dijon, dend. lasianthera
included. They were carefully packed and looked pretty good, the vendor told
me they are very dehydrated and that I should water them for at least 1h
first. So I did. Now 2/3 of them spend holidays on a sphagnum beach, some
died. I just lost quite big amount of money ...

greetings from Poland
Martha

Old 20-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Xi Wang

I'm glad someone caught that....I just saw that they had it and didn't
look into anything else. How about this one?

http://www.akerne-orchids.com/catalogue/den.htm

Cheers,
Xi

Old 20-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Reka

Ray schrieb:
I think it is interesting to note that Houri ships from Malaysia via the
USPS (how do they do that???), and offers a wide variety of paph species.

They have a US branch in Leesburg, Va., probably not far from Al.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 20-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Ray

I saw that, Reka, but they website clearly says they ship FROM Malaysia.

Nonetheless, that's the funny part; it's the paphs I'm mostly concerned
about.

Old 20-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Reka

Ray schrieb:
I saw that, Reka, but they website clearly says they ship FROM Malaysia.

Nonetheless, that's the funny part; it's the paphs I'm mostly concerned
about.

Yeah, that part is downright scary.