Old 23-05-2005, 04:28 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 22 May 2005 09:00:32 -0600, Susan Erickson
wrote:

On 22 May 2005 06:04:50 -0700, "bob" wrote:

Hi again sue;

Forgot to maention that there was a plastic insert in the original pot
(2") It said (Blc Fred Stewart- Pot Ikuko Akatsuka).
Th pinted matetr that was stapled to the plant cover saying " large
dark purpl-new hybred cattaleya orchid". There is a picture that can
make anyone drool.
I labled the plastic sticker with the date of transplant
Bob

It belongs to a cross registered in 1991 by Akatsuka Orchid
Gardens. There has been one plant from that cross awarded, It

I am sorry I read the above wrong and defined the Pot in the
cross.

Ray gave you the new name Potinara Mitsuo Akatsuka.

Have fun. and enjoy the journey. This one should be fun.

SuE
Old 23-05-2005, 06:47 AM

On Sun, 22 May 2005 12:35:10 GMT in dusty wrote:

[SNEEP BORG/HD rant]

To be fair, one HD in North Carolina had (Don't know if she's still there)
someone in the plant department that actually has a clue about orchids
and was pretty on the ball about marking down some oncidiums that had just
finished blooming.

I mention this because one of those oncidiums is in my home (repotted) and
the pseudobulb started peeking out of the new growth.

I cant bash the BORG/HD all the time I mean I asked a BORG/HD associate a
logical question about their privacy fencing and got a nonsensical answer
that it sent me to Lowes where I promptly saved myself $10 a section.

Now if only lowes would purchase a clue from Sears, Bestbuy, or CompUSA
on how to run a website and tie it in with the stores.

Dusty

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

Sodium Grow Light from Home Depot MC Gardening 9 14-04-2011 06:06 PM
Shade cloth at Home Depot? [email protected] Orchids 17 01-09-2003 05:22 PM
Rose bushes at Home Depot Mceezee Gardening 7 15-05-2003 02:56 AM
Salt at Home Depot or Lowes? Bob Ponds 3 12-05-2003 12:45 AM
whats' the chroma 50 bulb from wall mart or home depot Wynand Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:15 AM