Old 28-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Michelle Moreland Orlando

Default wilted,spent flower

I purchased a grocery store orchild that was a Phal and it is still in
bloom, but some of the flowers are spent, the others in beautiful
bloom. Should I pluck the spent, old no longer living bloom off the
stem or leave it? On my Christmas Cactus, I get rid of the old no
longer blooming flower.

New to this, and am now going to be an addict to orchids. Bought two
other orchids, that the store did not water, and looked bad, and I
bought them back to life after watering them and feeding them.

Michelle
Old 28-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Ray

Definitely pluck off the old blossoms.

Welcome to the addiction - FOOL! (I.e., just like the rest of us!) insert
grin here

There's a lot of good folks here willing to share info, so please don't
hesitate to ask or contribute anything.

Old 29-05-2005, 05:20 AM

Hi Michelle. Whenever you acquire new plants you should check their
roots (not if they're blooming). Usually when I bring a new one home
that's the first thing I do is repot it. Here's some more reading that
might help: www.Robert-bedard.com/orchids/phal_culture
I use sphagnum moss and don't let water stand in the over flow
tray......Burr

Help, Kyushu Hydrangea plant with wilted leaves Dying ississauga Gardening 3 10-08-2004 05:51 AM
wilted aloe leaves moonpie Gardening 1 10-06-2004 07:02 PM
Help for Wilted Tomato Plants :( Fleemo Gardening 4 03-06-2004 12:02 PM
Magnolia looking Wilted? Dawn Gardening 4 12-05-2004 01:02 AM