Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 PM
V_coerulea

Default Pollinating Dendrobiums

I have pollinated cattleyas, laelias, and intergeneric cattleya tribe
plants. I've successfully pollinated paphs, vandas, epidendrums,
ascocentrums, sarchochilus, dendrochilums, and angraecums. But I can't
pollinate a dendrobium...not one. Not chrysotoxum, densiflorum, aggregatum,
or lancefolium. Not aphyllum, secundum, bensoniae, kingianum, alexanderi, or
spectabile. I can't even pollinate some of the large hybrids.
I know Mick would say that the world is a lot better off because of that.
But it really bugs me that I can't get a cap to stay on a dendrob. What's
the secret? What am I missing?

Pollinating phalaenopsis Dada Orchids 0 21-03-2004 04:44 PM
Pollinating phalaenopsis Dustin Orchids 6 21-03-2004 03:00 PM
Pollinating a Lemon Tree Kirkyboy Edible Gardening 2 10-08-2003 08:22 AM
hand pollinating question.... GardeningGuy Gardening 3 15-06-2003 02:32 PM
Pollinating Reed-Stem Epidendrums (Small Flowers). Larry Dighera Orchids 12 12-05-2003 05:44 PM