Old 22-07-2005, 04:38 AM
Things for sale

Default Where can I find cedar or teak vanda baskets

Hi all

Is there a place in Ottawa that sells hanging baskets (not plastic) for
vandas? Actually can anyone recommend any place in Ottawa that sells Orchid
supplies? I've been looking on line and there seems to be lots of places in
the states but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in Canada. I
haven't ordered any Orchids from the states because I was concerned about
getting them across the border. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Thanks a million.

Old 22-07-2005, 12:41 PM
bob

Hi;
I have a local Home Depot that sells Vanda slated hanging baskets. I do
not recall what type of wood. Try Home Depot or Lowes stores.
The Home Depot has orchids and orchid supplies.No experience in over
the border purchases
Bob

Old 22-07-2005, 02:36 PM
jerry bolce

There is information on importing orchids into Canada on the website for
the Canadian Orchid Congress at http://www.CanadianOrchidCongress.ca/

Old 22-07-2005, 03:02 PM
?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:38:13 -0400 in Things for sale wrote:
Hi all

Is there a place in Ottawa that sells hanging baskets (not plastic) for
vandas? Actually can anyone recommend any place in Ottawa that sells Orchid
supplies? I've been looking on line and there seems to be lots of places in
the states but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in Canada. I
haven't ordered any Orchids from the states because I was concerned about
getting them across the border. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Thanks a million.

There seems to be diddly over squatsky WRT to orchids on the byward
market, but then again the goal has been overly focused towards food.
And I got laughed at when I asked if there were any interesting
places (Note I said "interesting", not "more interesting than the US".)

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 22-07-2005, 04:48 PM
K Barrett

Bedford Orchids has nice phals. He is a Canadian grower.
http://www.bedfordorchids.com/ Also, I think the orchid mall
http://www.orchidmall.com
used to list vendors by country, and Canada was one of the countries
(although it is true that there are many more vendors in the US than
Canada.)

The Canadian Orchid Congress (see below) will have lists of member societies
I know there are one's in Ottowa and Toronto where you can attend a meeting
as ask where those hobbyists get their plants and supplies.

K Barrett

.. .

Old 22-07-2005, 05:23 PM
PhalGuy

Hello!

have you tried your local orchid society?

also here`s a list of canadian vendors :

http://retirees.uwaterloo.ca/%7Ejerr...ids/odeal.html

Have a good day!

Claude

Old 22-07-2005, 05:25 PM
PhalGuy

Hello again!

Check this site:

http://hometown.aol.com/ssamarcotte/index.html

It`s a canadian site specialized in vandas!

Claude

oups.com...

Old 26-07-2005, 11:40 PM

Another Canadian here, who intends to check out the sites some people
posted. Maybe you could find baskets, at least, on eBay. For example
:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=4337434 864
The postage from the U.S. is probably cheaper than Canada Post's
rates!!

Alison