Old 18-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Cereoid-UR12

Default herb for diabetes help

What other kind of diabetes is there?

Don't you think if there was a simple herbal cure doctors would be
prescribing it?

There is no substitute for insulin and you will need get past your denial
and wishful thinking and accept that fact. You will need to take insulin for
the rest of your life and there is no way around it.

"SDYANG" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi,Dear:
I am deeply suffered from sugar diabetes.I wish I could get rid of

injection for a long time.I heard that there a kind of plant, which might be
a kind of aster,feverfew,can help patient just let patient to eat several
leaves. Do anyone here know about this kind of grasses.If you know please
tell me its name.Thank you.

---

Old 19-05-2003, 11:44 PM
M. Tiefert

In article , "Cereoid-UR12" wrote:
What other kind of diabetes is there?

It used to be always called sugar diabetes.

Don't you think if there was a simple herbal cure doctors would be
prescribing it?

But but but -- how would they earn any money on their shares in
pharmaceutical companies then? How could they afford to keep up with
their yacht payments? :-)

There is no substitute for insulin and you will need get past your denial
and wishful thinking and accept that fact. You will need to take insulin for
the rest of your life and there is no way around it.

True, but perhaps some other treatments may mean that he doesn't need
quite as much injected insulin, or maybe not quite as often. If it's
type II diabetes, some patients can do OK with oral meds, but others
need oral meds and/or insulin. And 'proper' diet and exercise can help.

There have been studies of plants and diabetes. There was one about the
effect of Atriplex nummularia (or maybe some other Atriplex species -
saltbush) on a species of desert rat that is prone to diabetes.
Published in the 1980's I think, by someone at the Weismann Institute or
some other Israeli university.

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Coleridge shop: http://www.cafeshops.com/coleridgestore
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/
Old 20-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Cereoid-UR12

Yeah sure and Jack Ruby was a patriot.

They used to say the earth was flat.

You really must be Jonesing since X-files went off the air.
All you have left are the precious reruns for you to obsess over.

Your paranoid conspiracy theories and anecdotal unsubstantiated studies are
no help to someone that needs proper medical attention for their serious
health problem.

BTW, are you a doctor or do you just pretend to be one on the Internet?

M. Tiefert wrote in message
y.com...
In article , "Cereoid-UR12"

Old 20-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Alfred Falk

"Cereoid-UR12" wrote in
:

What other kind of diabetes is there?

From Microsoft bookshelf (American Heritage Dictionary)

Diabetes (dě´e-bę´tîs, -tęz) noun
Any of several metabolic disorders marked by excessive discharge of
urine and persistent thirst, especially one of the two types of diabetes
mellitus.

[Middle English diabete, from Medieval Latin diabętęs, from Latin, from
Greek, siphon, diabetes, from diabainein, to cross over, straddle :
dia-, dia- + bainein, to go.]

Word History: Diabetes is named for one of its distressing symptoms.
The disease was known to the Greeks as diabętęs, a word derived from the
verb diabainein, made up of the prefix dia-, "across, apart," and the
word bainein, "to walk, stand." The verb diabeinein meant "to stride,
walk, or stand with legs asunder"; hence, its derivative diabętęs meant
"one that straddles," or specifically "a compass, siphon." The sense
"siphon" gave rise to the use of diabętęs as the name for a disease
involving the discharge of excessive amounts of urine. Diabetes is first
recorded in English, in the form diabete, in a medical text written
around 1425.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition
copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version
Old 20-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Beverly Erlebacher

"Cereoid-UR12" wrote in
m:

What other kind of diabetes is there?

"Sugar" diabetes (diabetes mellitus) is of two types. In Type I, the
pancreas is unable to produce insulin, so the only way the person can
survive is to inject insulin. The other, Type II, is caused by the
cells of the body developing resistance to taking up insulin. This
can sometimes be managed by losing weight, a careful diet, several
different types of drugs which stimulate insulin secretion or lower
blood sugar, or by injecting insulin.

Many plants are known to have compounds that lower blood sugar, but
like any herbal remedy, the amount of active component varies widely
depending on how the plant was grown, harvested, stored, weather
conditions, genetic factors in the plant, etc. So while these plants
are useful for identifying and developing new drugs, it would be
dangerous to depend on them if modern medical care is available.

There's also another disease, diabetes insipidus, in which the kidneys
don't concentrate urine effectively for a variety of reasons, often
because of problems with the hypothalamus in the brain which is the
source of ADH (anti-diuretic hormone). This condition is unrelated
to diabetes mellitus - the only symptoms in common are polydipsia
(urge to drink lots of water) caused by polyuria (production of a
lot of urine).

Back to the plant kingdom...

Old 21-05-2003, 12:32 AM
M. Tiefert

In article , "Cereoid-UR12" wrote:
... anecdotal unsubstantiated studies are
no help to someone that needs proper medical attention for their serious
health problem.

The work was published. I gave enough details that he can find it if
he's interested in reading about it. The person is already getting
insulin, so they are already under an MD's care and I wasn't
discouraging that. He didn't say anything to merit being treated
unkindly.

hope you have a nicer rest of the day!

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Old 21-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Cereoid-UR12

Why not cite your references so we all know you are not just making it all
up?

You are the one who went out on a limb with your outrageous claims so you
are the one responsible to provide the proof.

The was trying to find an excuse for not seeking proper medical attention
and are obviously still in denial over the severity of their situation. You
know nothing of their condition and your encouraging them to do the wrong
thing is extremely irresponsible.

M. Tiefert wrote in message
m...
In article , "Cereoid-UR12"

wrote:
... anecdotal unsubstantiated studies are
no help to someone that needs proper medical attention for their serious
health problem.

The work was published. I gave enough details that he can find it if
he's interested in reading about it. The person is already getting
insulin, so they are already under an MD's care and I wasn't
discouraging that. He didn't say anything to merit being treated
unkindly.

hope you have a nicer rest of the day!

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Coleridge shop: http://www.cafeshops.com/coleridgestore
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/

To Counteract The Effects Of Diabetes man with honour Gardening 0 19-10-2008 02:19 PM
Food Cheap food posted over in Alt.support.diabetes William Wagner[_2_] Gardening 0 17-08-2007 04:10 PM
Diabetes Discussions THURSTON ACKERMAN Gardening 4 27-08-2005 04:58 PM
Diabetes Discussions Jenny Gardening 0 22-08-2005 10:23 PM
Herb Sale At Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery mrchaos007 Texas 21 11-04-2005 08:07 PM