Old 13-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Phred

Default In a lighter vein

Found in aus.jokes this evening:

Scott and Peter had applied for jobs at a large company and
had to take an intelligence test. Though both of them found
the test a breeze, except that they admitted to being
momentarily stumped by the final question:

"Name a 14 letter word for someone in charge of a plant."

"How did you answer that last one?" asked Scott. "I thought
it was tough at first... then I thought of Superintendent."

"I think I got it right too," Pete said. "But I wrote down
Horticulturist."

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 14-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Phred

In article ,
"Cereoid+10+" wrote:
Its no surprise neither of them thought of "Master Gardener"!!!!!

In the ASCII age we count all characters, and that's 15; so you fail.

:-)

Old 14-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Cereoid+10+

You can kiss my ASCII!!!!

The test question didn't say anything about ASCII, bytebrain.

Old 15-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Phred

In article ,
"Cereoid+10+" wrote:
You can kiss my ASCII!!!!

The test question didn't say anything about ASCII, bytebrain.

But it *did* say "word", not "words", bitless.

Old 15-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Iris Cohen

Enough, already. This vein is chlorotic by now.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

fess up- how many do you have? (on a lighter note...) Diane Mancino Orchids 3 20-07-2003 11:08 PM
fess up- how many do you have? (on a lighter note...) Diane Mancino Orchids 0 20-07-2003 12:57 AM
In a lighter vein Phred Plant Science 4 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
lighter wood in tank Bob A Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:14 AM
Leaves lighter green and developing a hole (Anubias, Swords) Darwin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 06:12 AM