Old 08-04-2004, 02:05 PM
cristina

Default Disease identification

Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

Old 08-04-2004, 03:37 PM
cristina

cristina wrote:

Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange
design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

I have added two closeups:

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia...alatclose1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia...alatclose2.jpg

Old 08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Iris Cohen

If you don't get any help, send your picture to Nina Shishkoff, who is a plant
pathologist,
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Iris Cohen

Looking again, my guess is rose mosaic, a virus disease. Dig the plant up,
destroy it, and don't plant another rosebush in the same place.
Old 16-04-2004, 12:34 AM
V_coerulea

Before destroying the plant, and if you can't afford to virus test, I'd try
treating with an all purpose micronutrient. Roses respond in some rather
weird ways (and some predictable ones too) to lack of certain micronutrients
such as zinc, molybdomen, copper (or its overdose), and others. Buy a
fertilizer with a complete micronutrient additive and spray on the leaves as
well as drenching the roots. If 2 or 3 of these treatments doesn't cure the
problem, than it's probably fungal or viral. Treatments of Dithane and/or
Physan might help. If not, follow Iris's advice.
Gary

Old 16-04-2004, 04:04 AM
Chuck

Rather than guessing send it to an independent lab. It will need a 1/2 cup
sample air dried. Cost is about $15. If a nutrient problem, they will ID
it. Send a note asking for help. I used to do this for a living.

Chuck

"cristina" wrote in message
Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange

design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

HELP: Tomato Disease (Wilt disease?) vms North Carolina 4 18-07-2005 01:11 PM
Disease identification cristina Roses 7 09-04-2004 06:02 PM
Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease Jim Webster sci.agriculture 370 01-05-2003 10:44 AM
Arbutus disease? David D. Gardening 2 12-02-2003 01:55 AM
New thread. Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease Lotus sci.agriculture 1 31-12-2002 03:29 PM