Old 23-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Cereus-validus

You contrariness adds absolutely nothing to the original topic that was
being discussed, Peewee Rinkytink.

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
There you go again, telling us all sorts of thing about your private life

we
did not want to know ...

Cereus-validus schreef
Nobody was talking to you anyway, Rinkytink, you party crasher. You are

one of those rude dudes who likes to interrupt conversations with inane
irrelevant comments and self promotion that disrupts the flow of

discourse
and adds nothing to the sharing of knowledge. Why don't you just mosey

up
to the bar, get yourself another rum and coke, sit down and behave

yourself?

Old 23-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Iris Cohen

If you had ever seen the plant, you would have noticed that neither the
leaves nor the flowers look anything like those of a Fockea.

Sorry, we've not been introduced. They never have cactus & succulent shows
anywhere around here that I know of.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 23-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Cereus-validus

I was at a conference that included a show just this past weekend.

http://enter.net/~mpk2/conference.html

There are a number of clubs in your area that were part of the show last
weekend.

http://www.cssainc.org/affiliat.html

I have been a show chairperson for 12 years and a certified show judge for
even longer.

Yes, there was a correctly named plant of Petopentia natalensis entered in
the show.

Old 25-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Iris Cohen

I was at a conference that included a show just this past weekend.

I wasn't in a position to go to Philadelphia last weekend, even if I had known
about it. Where and when is the next one? I'd love to go, just to meet you,
never mind the plants. ;-)
Long Island and New York City are too far for me to go to. As it is, I spend
too much time commuting to Albany & Rochester for bonsai.
I looked up pictures of both those species on the Web, in case I meet one on a
dark night. Ugly! I know, when it comes to succulents, the uglier, the more
people love them. I'll stick with Lithops & my Operculicarya decaryi.
What's with that family Petopentia got split into?
I thought I had a big Punomatic in my back pocket, but the succulent growers
are worse, with a Magazine called the Baltimore Areole, not to mention those
two nurseries in California, the Epicenter and Cereus Business.

Old 26-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Cereus-validus

It is best to check the CSSA website for upcoming events and conventions.
The next Eastern conference will be in 2006 in Pittsburgh.

http://www.cssainc.org/events.html

Asclepiadaceae and Periplocaceae have been reunited with the Apocynaceae.

Old 26-08-2004, 02:17 AM
Iris Cohen

The next Eastern conference will be in 2006 in Pittsburgh.

Nothing in the Northeast till then? Does anyone ever have a Lithops show or a
mesemb show or a caudiciform show?

Asclepiadaceae and Periplocaceae have been reunited with the Apocynaceae.

Sorry I asked. What was the rationale behind it?
By the way, can you tell me how to get Operculicarya decaryi to bloom?
Thanks,
Iris