Old 06-09-2004, 01:50 AM
Art D'Adamo

Default Science and Religion

Science and Religion

If you're interested in science and in religion, and wish
the two were more in agreement, you're invited to a free
download of the book "Science Without Bounds:
A Synthesis of Science, Religion, and Mysticism"

Free electronic copies available for personal and educational use
at http://www.adamford.com/swb

Here's what some people have said about "Science Without Bounds".

One of the best on the Internet . . . for quality, accuracy of content, presentation and usability. - Britannica Presents Internet Guide Awards

Style is tight, clean and refreshingly free from scientific, mystical, philosophical and theological jargon. . . . It's the kind of book where you'll need to stop and do 15 minutes of deep thinking and pondering every few pages . . . Outstanding book, engrossing, a classic - Wendy Christensen, Inscriptions, the weekly e-zine for professional writers, (InscriptionsMagazine.com)

Selected by The McKinley Group's professional editorial team as a "3-Star" site . . . a special mark of achievement in Magellan, McKinley's comprehensive Internet directory of over 1.5 million sites and 40,000 reviews.

Found it very intriguing. A lot of your ideas had me nodding my head in agreement. - Karl B.

I know of no better point of departure than Art D'Adamo's "Science Without Bounds."
There is nothing flashy about this one, so don't expect a sound and light show.
True to his subject, however, Art is direct and straightforward, with an inquiring
mind that will thrill and inspire you. Give it your full attention and you will be
richly rewarded. - Wave Reviews, http://www.OpenMindOpenHeart.org/Waves.html

I was astonished to read your book non-stop over 7 hours last night. It was the best synthesis of the collective understanding I have read in my 48 years. - S. R.

I'm impressed by the breadth of your understanding and the amount of work you've obviously put into it. - R.W.K.

Wow! This is about all I can say at the moment. - Ella B.

For table of contents, go to
http://www.adamford.com/swb/contents.htm
For FREE download, to go
http://www.adamford.com/swb/download.htm

Old 06-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Iris Cohen

If you're interested in science and in religion, and wish
the two were more in agreement, you're invited to a free
download of the book BRBR

They don't have to agree. They are two different spheres.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 07-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Zeitkind

Iris Cohen wrote:

They don't have to agree. They are two different spheres.

Ever read Schrödinger?
Old 07-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Iris Cohen

Ever read Schrödinger? BRBR

Why should I?
Old 07-09-2004, 01:59 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Ever read Schrödinger? BRBR

Iris Cohen schreef
Why should I?

I doubt you should read any of it, but you should be familiar with his cat
PvR

Old 07-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Zeitkind

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:

I doubt you should read any of it, but you should be familiar with his cat
PvR

Anyone should read it..

- Erwin Schrödinger: Geist und Materie (Mind and matter), 1958
- Werner Heisenberg: Der Teil und das Ganze (The Part and The Whole), 1976
- Carl Friedrich von Weizäcker: Die Einheit der Natur (The unity of
nature), 1974
Hans Küng: Existiert Gott? (Does god exist?), 1978

If you read those books without prejudice, you may no longer state that
science and religion are two different things. Though I also call myself
more an agnostic than a religous one.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:24 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Zeitkind schreef
Anyone should read it..

- Erwin Schrödinger: Geist und Materie (Mind and matter), 1958
- Werner Heisenberg: Der Teil und das Ganze (The Part and The Whole), 1976
- Carl Friedrich von Weizäcker: Die Einheit der Natur (The unity of

nature), 1974
Hans Küng: Existiert Gott? (Does god exist?), 1978

If you read those books without prejudice, you may no longer state that

science and religion are two different things. Though I also call myself
more an agnostic than a religous one.

* * *
I suppose you will have me reading Jung next?
PvR

Old 07-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Zeitkind

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:

I suppose you will have me reading Jung next?

Not really, Adorno might be fine.. ;P
Old 08-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Happy'Cam'per

Religion and science are exactly the same, both looking for the same answers
but coming from opposite ends, does that even make sense
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 08-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Iris Cohen

I doubt you should read any of it, but you should be familiar with his cat

Why? His cat is a botanist?

Old 08-09-2004, 02:48 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

I doubt you should read any of it, but you should be familiar with his
cat

Iris Cohen schreef
Why? His cat is a botanist?

***
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Zeitkind

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

The cat is quite funny. If you put her in a box, she changes to a dog!
But as soon as you open the box, she suddenly changes back to a cat.
Old 17-09-2004, 06:31 AM
Peter Jason

Schrödinger's pussy cat.

Attached Thumbnails
Science and Religion-cat6.jpg
Old 25-09-2004, 01:31 AM
Iris Cohen

Why? His cat is a botanist?
Oh dear. The curse of our age: over-specialization.

That's nothing. Our cat is a linguist. She sometimes makes up new words or
finds new uses for existing words. And she studies foreign languages. She
understands English unusually well.
Kasi made up a command for the dog, which she uses when he plays too rough. He
interpreted it as Sit, Stay. When the cat said it, he sat down & didn't move
for three minutes, while she eyeballed him. He only got up when she walked
away.
You know the cat "word" for Come here at once. Kasi uses a quieter version of
it, just once, for Where are you? If you answer her, she doesn't say anything
else.
She did make a mistake once in interpreting dog language. We had a very stupid
dog house guest for several months last winter. Kasi is dearly fond of our dog
Busta, but had no use for Satchmo, who didn't know how to treat a cat. Satch
got along well with Busta, but a couple of times he was rude (e. g. tried to
take a bone Busta was chewing). Busta growled at him very seriously. Kasi heard
him from two rooms away and came tearing in, threatening to rip Satch apart. I
finally figured it out. Kasi couldn't tell if Busta was being attacked or just
annoyed, & she assumed the worst.