Old 26-01-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Monkey Puzzle Tree Germination

Hiya!
I just returned from a holiday in the Netherlands, and the neighbor of
the friend i was staying with had a Monkey Puzzle tree in their front
yard. I had never seen one before and i got to talking with the owner,
and he was nice enough to give me a seed! My question is: what is the
best way to germinate the seed? Any info/opinions greatly appreciated!
Billy Duncan
www.indoorfarmsupply.com

Old 27-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Sean Houtman

" wrote in
oups.com:

Hiya!
I just returned from a holiday in the Netherlands, and the
neighbor of the friend i was staying with had a Monkey Puzzle tree
in their front yard. I had never seen one before and i got to
talking with the owner, and he was nice enough to give me a seed!
My question is: what is the best way to germinate the seed? Any
info/opinions greatly appreciated! Billy Duncan
www.indoorfarmsupply.com

http://www.victorialodging.com/sowin...uzzle-tree.htm

Really, since you are already using google, this came from a link
found on the first hit for "monkey puzzle tree".

Sean

Old 27-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Iris Cohen

Accent on Puzzle: Why is a hotel in British Columbia publishing horticultural
information, especially about England?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen
Old 23-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Houtman
wrote in
oups.com:

Hiya!
I just returned from a holiday in the Netherlands, and the
neighbor of the friend i was staying with had a Monkey Puzzle tree
in their front yard. I had never seen one before and i got to
talking with the owner, and he was nice enough to give me a seed!
My question is: what is the best way to germinate the seed? Any
info/opinions greatly appreciated! Billy Duncan
www.indoorfarmsupply.com

http://www.victorialodging.com/sowin...uzzle-tree.htm

Really, since you are already using google, this came from a link
found on the first hit for "monkey puzzle tree".

Sean
this is going to strike you as a very silly question, but how do you get seeds from the monkey puzzle? we are moving and would like to take a baby from our 40 foot high beauty in our north of scotland garden. there is a large fruit on the top of the tree, coconut shaped. are the seeds within, or elsewhere?

Old 24-05-2005, 09:22 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

"ghilliosa" schreef in
this is going to strike you as a very silly question, but how do you
get seeds from the monkey puzzle? we are moving and would like to take
a baby from our 40 foot high beauty in our north of scotland garden.
there is a large fruit on the top of the tree, coconut shaped. are the
seeds within, or elsewhere?

***
For general info:
http://www.conifers.org/ar/ar/araucana.htm
this site also provides a picture of seeds, in the description of the
related /A.angustifolia/
Note that conifers never have fruits, but at most fruit-look-alikes.
Also note that any movement with seeds accross borders has
CITES-implications.

According to
http://www.victorialodging.com/sowin...uzzle-tree.htm
you 'd better plan to stay a long time at your new location as it will take
a long time for any sizable tree to develop
PvR