Old 15-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Leon

Default New Pond Frog Invasion

Hey all,
Looking for some advice.
New pond about 2 months old.. Pond is sitting between two houses and little
of an echo factor early morning.
The amount of frogs that have moved in sounds like
a frog convention.. Really loud in the early morning.
Neigbors 3 doos down and across noticing the noise.
Any suggestions in how to give the No Vancancy Sign to the frogs.. Thought
of trying to place moth balls around the edge of the pond? A thought.
Any ideas would be of help
Thanks

Old 15-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Sean R. Kerns

Man, I wish I had this problem. I have trouble enough keeping one or two
frogs around my little pond, and when the cats get one or two of them, I'm
back to square one. Everyone always says frogs will find their way to your
pond, but I've yet to experience that...

Sean

m...

Old 15-10-2003, 08:32 AM
groovy

"Leon" wrote in message
m...
Hey all,
Looking for some advice.
New pond about 2 months old.. Pond is sitting between two houses and

little
of an echo factor early morning.
The amount of frogs that have moved in sounds like
a frog convention.. Really loud in the early morning.
Neigbors 3 doos down and across noticing the noise.
Any suggestions in how to give the No Vancancy Sign to the frogs.. Thought
of trying to place moth balls around the edge of the pond? A thought.
Any ideas would be of help
Thanks

You could clear away the vegetation from around the pond and make it
drier around the edges. With no moist places to hide they will lose
interest.

Old 17-10-2003, 12:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:02:32 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

Hey all,
Looking for some advice.
New pond about 2 months old.. Pond is sitting between two houses and little
of an echo factor early morning.
The amount of frogs that have moved in sounds like
a frog convention.. Really loud in the early morning.
Neigbors 3 doos down and across noticing the noise.

Just noticing or complaining?

I had an amazing amount of treefrogs this spring, you should have heard
them, not one neighbor complained. Course several of them have ponds of
their own. Maybe you could put up some acoustic panels to deaden the sound?
Otherwise I'd be apologetic to the neighbors, than I'd explain it's only a
seasonal phenomenon.

If the neighbors are still unhappy ask K30 on how to catch frogs. My
original frogs were brought in by a friend who's hubby couldn't sleep
because of the frog music. ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 17-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:40:56 -0700
~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Maybe you could put up some acoustic panels to deaden the sound?
Otherwise I'd be apologetic to the neighbors, than I'd explain it's
only a seasonal phenomenon.

Another alternative is a white noise generator in the bedroom of the
sound-afflicted one. There are some pretty nice ones out there with a
whole catalog of soothing sounds from which to choose.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.

New Frog Pond crusher Australia 3 22-11-2008 07:40 PM
Offical Frog ~ Pacific Chorus Frog kthirtya Ponds (moderated) 1 02-05-2007 05:18 PM
New Pond Frog Invasion Leon Ponds 8 07-11-2003 04:42 PM
juncus invasion Jahboy United Kingdom 4 26-04-2003 03:32 PM
fix for dying lawn and invasion of weeds? Lil Gardening 4 21-04-2003 05:32 PM