Old 16-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Destroyallx

Default Pond Pics.. help?

hey everyone. i just took these pics of my pond..
http://www.thehvscene.com/pond/
its about one month old, plants are starting to look bigger and are
growing.. but algae seems to be a problem, or maybe its my filtration
system... by looking at my photos, does anyone have any advice on how to
make my pond better in anyway... im open to any ideas.
thanx!

http://www.thehvscene.com/pond/

Old 17-05-2004, 04:05 PM
dkat

it is very pretty as is. the one change i would make is to put a veggie
filter at the top of the stream and have the water pumped into it (it then
overflows into your stream). it can be very small and infact can be as
simple as a very small barrel liner from home depot. you put plants with
fiberous roots in this pond (hyacinths are excellent but so are other
plants). they will filter out both dirt and the chemicals that make algae
grow. post at ponds.rec and they will give you links to examples. i have
given a few i found on a quick search. this will clear up your water almost
instantly.

i would be a little concerned about the bare liner that is showing. sun
light can damage this. if you can get moss growing on it or put plants up
against it to shade it from the sun it would help. for some height on the
far end you might put in a lotus. i just got one last year and love it.
again, very nice.

http://www.wernersponds.com/veggiefilter.html
http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/...?article_id=78
http://hometown.aol.com/_ht_a/kmam1/...MyFilters.html

Old 19-05-2004, 10:02 PM
IAN GARDNER

"Destroyallx" wrote in message
hey everyone. i just took these pics of my pond..
http://www.thehvscene.com/pond/
its about one month old, plants are starting to look bigger and are
growing.. but algae seems to be a problem, or maybe its my filtration
system... by looking at my photos, does anyone have any advice on how to
make my pond better in anyway... im open to any ideas.
thanx!

Well done for putting your pictures onto your web page. Some looser Philip
Rugel felt like posting them all into this newsgroup! You only post to
`binaries newsgroups`, not these ones. Anyway, I diddn`t look at them
because of viruses! So I still don`t know what the pictures looked like! If
I want to see pictures of plants then I would have gone to his website! We
were all forced to download them. I thought my Internet Connection had gone
wrong.

See Yer,

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Pond pics...help? Destroyallx Ponds 11 20-05-2004 07:04 AM
Your Pond Pics BenignVanilla Ponds 28 01-05-2003 05:44 PM
posted my pond pics in binaries Russ and Cathy Ponds 0 03-04-2003 10:08 PM
Sharing pond pics ... Chi Tran Ponds 9 29-03-2003 06:20 AM