Old 02-04-2007, 04:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default What did you get done this weekend?

those in the frozen tundra need to start planning their hoop greenhouses for
next year. it really does get incredibly warm inside with the sun beating
down. Ingrid

Old 02-04-2007, 04:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

fertilizer in the water will definitely make the water go pea soup. that is
how The Pond Lady fertilizers her water lily reproduction ponds. Ingrid

Old 02-04-2007, 05:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

drsolo wrote:

those in the frozen tundra need to start planning their hoop greenhouses
for
next year. it really does get incredibly warm inside with the sun beating
down. Ingrid

That`s not an option. If I had another one, my wife would want to put
vegetables in it, just like the first one...
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated

Old 02-04-2007, 07:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
drsolo wrote:

those in the frozen tundra need to start planning their hoop greenhouses
for
next year. it really does get incredibly warm inside with the sun
beating
down. Ingrid

That`s not an option. If I had another one, my wife would want to put
vegetables in it, just like the first one...

===================================
Nothing wrong with vegetables. ;-) She can grow them along the outside
edges of the pond. You get a longer pond season, and she gets to grow her
veggies. That jewel colored Swiss chard is beautiful and edible......
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:15 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

uhhhhh... dont see how a greenhouse over a pond with just enough to spare
for a chair and a couple chairs could be converted into a vegetable
greenhouse. Ingrid

Old 03-04-2007, 03:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:01:33 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

fertilizer in the water will definitely make the water go pea soup. that is
how The Pond Lady fertilizers her water lily reproduction ponds. Ingrid

I think adding fertilizer may be relative. I once added enough
nitrate of soda to turn my pond black, or at least very dark, and rid
itself of a really unbelievably bad mess of string algae. However I'm
one who looks to smart people like yourself to figure things out and
impart wisdom that I can use and I appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Hal

Rate This Thread: