Old 31-05-2007, 10:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Another toad question

I have had four toads that perch inside my skimmer. Three have recently
died. Will Desafin kill toads? They were lively until I used the Desafin a
few days ago. Now no toads at all.

drc

Old 31-05-2007, 11:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
"Don C." wrote:

I have had four toads that perch inside my skimmer. Three have recently
died. Will Desafin kill toads? They were lively until I used the Desafin a
few days ago. Now no toads at all.

drc

Doing a Google search of Desafin and toads seems to indicate in reviews
that the product is fine for them.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Doesn't sound good, though, does it?
Amphibians absorb water thru their skins
and anything that isn't natural in the pond
is suspicious to me.

k :-)

Old 01-06-2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article om,
wrote:

Doesn't sound good, though, does it?
Amphibians absorb water thru their skins
and anything that isn't natural in the pond
is suspicious to me.

k :-)

I agree. I avoid chemicals, anyway.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Don C." wrote in message
. ..
I have had four toads that perch inside my skimmer. Three have recently
died. Will Desafin kill toads? They were lively until I used the Desafin a
few days ago. Now no toads at all.

===============================
Have you seen that they were able to come and go from the skimmer? They
weren't trapped in there were they?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

No, they weren't trapped. When I had to clean the filter they would be
sitting on top of it. I would push them into the water in the back of the
skimmer. Next time they would be back on top.

Kurt: I don't like a lot of chemicals in the pond either, but when the
bugs attack your fish you don't have much choice.

drc

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

. ..

Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Did you ever get any toad spawn in your pond?
And if so, how is it, or the resulting toadpoles doing?

k :-)

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Toad question DaBear Ponds 10 07-05-2003 02:08 AM
The first toad. BOO HOO!!!!!!! jammer Ponds 17 12-04-2003 07:32 AM
Toad Beak 21 Ponds (alternative) 1 26-03-2003 08:32 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM
to "Toad" Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 1 04-02-2003 01:19 AM