Old 10-07-2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default State of the Pond... filter

Yesterday morning the out-of-pond double barrel filter was turned on the
lily pond. Currently we're using an old Beckett 1600 and it looks like the
1800 mag-drive, I had my eye on, will be the one eventually purchased. The
water is entering the pond at one corner where the flowerpot filter use to
be. The guys are thinking of doing some sort of sheet via a slit in abs
piping, so the flow with be the width of the pond.

I took the 3 round sheets of open cell foam from the flower pot filter,
rinsed off in dechlorinated water and put it in the pump chamber. DS did
the pre-filter a little different in that he has the 25' of screening
wrapped around some plastic mesh used to protect young trees. The idea, he
says, is to have the water swirl on the outside, pass thru to the pipe in
the middle of the mesh. When it come to cleaning, he says, I should be able
to spray off the mesh within the barrel, not haul it out. Hmmmm? This
should be interested. Something similar may be done around the pump in the
pump chamber, w/furnace filters, but right now that water is pretty darn
clean flowing thru.

3 moors were added this morning. Wakins will join them tomorrow. And if the
fish napper doesn't come by, I may add my other telescope eyed guys.
Currently there is also a school of fake fish bobbing in the pond in plain
sight. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: