Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
BB BB is offline

Default Old Fiberglass Spa - New Pond?

I picked up an old fiberglass (I'm pretty sure) spa complete with
associated plumbing and such from Craig's list for nothin'. I hope to be
able to turn it into a new pond. But before I plunge ahead and make
blunder after blunder, I have a couple of concerns about what the heck to
expect.

How should I seal up the holes in the sides where the jets used to be?
Should I remove or somehow use the skimmer box? I've filled it once and
there are no major leaks (Yippee!!!) just around one of the jets and on the
skimmer where it attaches to the spa proper.

I don't really know what else to ask; I'm just hoping that others might
have done this sort of thing and can let me learn from their mistakes or
successes.

(It'll replace the current 35 gallon tub at the base of a cascading set of
2 half-barrels. The spa should hold about 400-500 gallons.)

Thanks!

~~Bryan

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *

Rate This Thread: