Old 20-04-2009, 07:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Frog Fungus Disease

We believe the frogs here were killed off by that frog fungus disease tha
was spreading north. We are literally frog free this spring. There are
no
frogs at my neighbor's large stock pond either. None down by the lake.
It's very sad to see the frogs go. Are there frogs where you live and wh
at
state are you in?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 21-04-2009, 04:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

It's very sad to see the frogs go. Are there frogs where you live and
what state are you in?

In the state of confusion here. ;-) WA, frogs finally came, took a while,
but last night I had to catch 4 from the lily pond. I have 1-2 that came on
their own to the koi pond area and the containers I have set up for them
there, so hopefully they'll relocate... or my neighbors will. ;-) More
cooperation from the frogs I fear. But the neighbors got a new yappy dog,
so they better not be complaining if I'm slow about catching frogs. ~ jan

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 23-04-2009, 03:40 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"~ jan" wrote in message
It's very sad to see the frogs go. Are there frogs where you live and
what state are you in?

In the state of confusion here. ;-) WA, frogs finally came, took a whil

e,
but last night I had to catch 4 from the lily pond. I have 1-2 that cam

on
their own to the koi pond area and the containers I have set up for the

there, so hopefully they'll relocate... or my neighbors will. ;-) More
cooperation from the frogs I fear. But the neighbors got a new yappy do

g,
so they better not be complaining if I'm slow about catching frogs. ~ j

an

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

===========================
Frogs don't bother me as much as a yappy
dog. They really get on my nerves. Our last
neighbors had two small yappers. I was very
happy to see them move away.

I don't think those neighbors will be hassling
you again about your frogs. ;-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 23-04-2009, 03:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I don't think those neighbors will be hassling
you again about your frogs. ;-)

I wouldn't it pass them, but the frogs will hopefully steer clear of the
lily pond soon, since they do so of the koi ponds.

Yesterday found lots of frog spawn in both kiddy pool and a few in the
short stock tank, so I'm on my way again of building a population. Woo Hoo!
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Frog disease lannerman United Kingdom 6 16-02-2011 01:22 PM
Offical Frog ~ Pacific Chorus Frog kthirtya Ponds (moderated) 1 02-05-2007 05:18 PM
Last year, fungus fungus everywhere Natalka Rosalia Maria Roshak Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2005 06:26 PM
Fungus or Disease on Tree Ray L United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 08:08 PM
Fungus or Disease on Tree Ray L United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 08:08 PM