Old 10-03-2003, 05:33 PM
John

Default Need someone's excess pond plant in So California

Thanks for all you help in this NG,I just finished my 5500 gallon
(maybe more) of pond this weekend,
(you wont believe how long it takes to fill this thing, I
turned the garden hose (MAX) for 5 hours & 40 mins)
Now I need a lot of pond plant to fill my new pond,try to
save some money
does anyone live in S California has excess pond plant
(water lily,lotus etc.) which they want to toss away? I live in
Arcadia, CA,
thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:34 PM
joe

John wrote:

Thanks for all you help in this NG,I just finished my 5500 gallon
(maybe more) of pond this weekend,
(you wont believe how long it takes to fill this thing, I
turned the garden hose (MAX) for 5 hours & 40 mins)
Now I need a lot of pond plant to fill my new pond,try to
save some money
does anyone live in S California has excess pond plant
(water lily,lotus etc.) which they want to toss away? I live in
Arcadia, CA,
thanks in advance.

Hi John,

I live in San Diego and you may have the following:

Pickerel plant - (I'm thinning)
Water hawthorn (lot's of small plantlets)
Parrots feather
Water clover

Old 11-03-2003, 03:32 PM
John

Hi,Joe:

Thanks a lot for you offer, it is my mistake, I live in LA (100
miles to SD?) , so I should have put LA, California, So Cal is too big
a area
Thanks again.
John

Old 14-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Snooze

Home depot has hardy and i think tropical water lillies.

Also you can go to an asian grocery store, and pick up some waterchestnuts,
and fresh watercress. Start both in a bucket of pond water, and dump out the
old water into the garden and replace with fresh pond water every other day.
Then plant as desired.

Sameer

m...

Old 16-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Joe,
I live in Alta Loma/ Rancho Cucamonga, about 30 minutes east of you on 210
freeway. I can spare 15-20 Hyacinth and a few scoops of Apollo this weekend
(March 14 weekend)
Let me know if you are interested

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

m...

Old 16-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Meant to say John in the response above!

--
_______________________________________

Old 16-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Meant to say John not Joe, and meant to say Azollo, not apollo!

--
_______________________________________

Old 16-03-2003, 11:56 PM
John Rutz

Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:
Meant to say John not Joe, and meant to say Azollo, not apollo!

--
_______________________________________

must be all that rain that california is stealing from NMexico ;-)

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 17-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Just Me \Koi\

You know how we are in Southern California.

We whine when it doesn't rain! And we bitch when it does rain! Never
satisfied are we?

--
_______________________________________

Old 17-03-2003, 04:32 PM
John

Sorry I did not chech this NG this weekend, I realy like to get what
you offered,please let me know when it is a good time for me to pick
that up.
Thanks a lot.
(I love the rain, it will help my new pond mature fast!)
John

Old 18-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Nedra

One thing to watch about your pond... remember that rain
will soften the pond water causing the pH to fall. This
happened to me last summer here in Missouri. Koi and
goldfish like for the pH to be at 8.0 - 8.5. Baking soda
will steady the pH at 8.4. I now take the KH reading
of the water. I keep it at the 200 level. You can either email
me or post here if you want more information ;-)

Nedra

m...

Old 18-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Just Me \Koi\

John, you can email me directly at godwino at gte dot net

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."
Bernard Tschumi, "Architecture & Transgression"

m...

"John Rutz" wrote in message

Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:
Meant to say John not Joe, and meant to say Azollo, not apollo!

--
_______________________________________

must be all that rain that california is stealing from NMexico ;-)

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Does excess Cheshunt prevent germination echinosum United Kingdom 0 30-03-2009 03:14 PM
Excess pond plants Koi-lo Ponds 0 11-11-2005 09:29 PM
[IBC] Excess water Anthony J Thackeray Bonsai 3 26-11-2003 06:03 AM
excess tomatoes. shazzbat United Kingdom 42 10-09-2003 08:14 PM
Converting excess grass lawn to clover topher Lawns 0 05-05-2003 08:47 PM