Old 17-03-2003, 10:42 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Default Does anyone use Microbe-lift ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The company deletes my emails and won't respond.

So I hope that anyone on this message board uses the Spring/Summer cleaner that
Microbe-lift makes??

I need to know when should I start using it on my pond??
I live in Zone 6 New york.

Thanks in advance,

Sacha
Old 17-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Gary Woods

(MISSYMAGICGIRL) wrote:

The company deletes my emails and won't respond.

I guess I would ask how you know they are deleting emails.... lack of
response could be simply not having anyone to answer.

Hanlon's law:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
incompetence.

Did you try their web page; looks like some Q&A sorts of stuff there?

http://www.microbelift.com/

Personally, I've got my doubts about such things in general. Like the
compost activators or the septic tank boosters. If the bacteria are
already there, none of these make much difference. And they generally are.

(Now donning my flame-proof underwear).

I'm in upstate NY, zone 5, more or less. My pond will "open" whenever the
snow and ice melt, which may be Real Soon Now if the weather forecast is
correct (stop laughing!).

Old 18-03-2003, 12:44 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , Gary Woods
writes:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
incompetence.

Sorry Hon, but if you used AOL you can check the status of an email sent and
see if they read it or deleted it!

I am not one to use metafores to say something straight forward.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
incompetence"

hehe, good one!

Sacha

Old 18-03-2003, 12:56 AM
~ jan

Well okay on the education about AOL.

Now did you follow his advice and check the website (he gave) FAQs
regarding the particular type additive you have? Seems to me the bottle
should have that information on it, but than again, I guess they aren't
real concerned if you use it when it doesn't need it, one will just buy
more.

In general, most additives don't work well unless you've got active
filtration going, do you? ~ jan

On 18 Mar 2003 00:42:48 GMT, (MISSYMAGICGIRL) wrote:

In article , Gary Woods
writes:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
incompetence.

Sorry Hon, but if you used AOL you can check the status of an email sent and
see if they read it or deleted it!

I am not one to use metafores to say something straight forward.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
incompetence"

hehe, good one!

Sacha

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 18-03-2003, 01:08 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

I have check the site! I didn't mean to sound like I teaching you a lesson on
how to use AOL.. It is surpose to start the break up process of the leaves and
stuff that fell to the bottom of pond during the winter.

Sacha

Old 18-03-2003, 02:08 AM
K30a

Go here, scroll to the bottom and you'll find
a place to ask questions
http://www.microbelift.com/sitemap.html

Their email address is probably for retail/wholesale business only.

If you go to the above address you will find they have a help forum all set up.

k30a
Old 18-03-2003, 02:20 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , ESPMER
(K30a) writes:

Go here, scroll to the bottom and you'll find
a place to ask questions
http://www.microbelift.com/sitemap.html

Their email address is probably for retail/wholesale business only.

If you go to the above address you will find they have a help forum all set
up.

k30a

Thanks I got the right email address!.
Old 18-03-2003, 04:56 AM
~ jan

Thanks I got the right email address!.

So what did you find out? ~ jan

Old 18-03-2003, 05:20 AM
K30a

DKat wrote
Is this stuff as good as it sounds?

Don't know, don't use it.
Just explored the page ;-)
Dear Old Dad says, 'if it sounds too
good to be true, it is.'

k30a
Old 18-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Rick Downs

I ordered the stuff and I found that it was a waste of $$$. What I ended up
doing to remove the leaves and muck at the bottom was to purchase the
aqua-gloves that go to your elbows and using a net scoop out the leaves. I
also use a Craftsman Wet/Dry shop vac to get the rest of the stuff out. Once
your pond it clear of the debris you can add you pond start bateria (make
sure your water temp will keep the bacteria alive) then its business as
usual.
Rick

Old 21-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Tom La Bron

Sacha,

Which product are we talking about??? The is the regular Microbe-lift/PL,
Microbe-lift Spring/Summer Cleaner, Microbe-lift Autumn/Winter Prep and last
but not least the Microbe-lift Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer Combination
product. Each is used at a different time and temperature.

Some people swear by it here in our pond club, I personally don't use it,
others think it a waste of dollars. I think some of its problem is a matter
of it being considered a magic wand.

It is meant to be used in establish ponds and you need to read the
instructions of the product you get.

Tom L.L.